Lap top shows a screen saying "Computer is locked" just clicking on the box, makes it go to the next screen. just a hasle doing this every time.
In order to remove the lock screen after resuming from screen saver, sleep, standby, and hibernate, please follow these steps.
1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop and select "Personalize"
2. On the far right of the Personalization window is the option for Screen Saver. Click "Screen Saver".
3. Unselect "On resume, display logon screen".
4. Click "Change Power Settings".
5. Click "Require a password on wakeup" on the left hand pane.
6. Select "Don't require a password" and select Save changes.
1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop and select "Properties"
2. Select the Screen Saver tab.
3. Unselect "On resume, display Welcome screen" or "On resume, password protect".
4. Select "Power".
5. Select the "Advanced" tab.
6. Uncheck "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby". Click Apply, then OK, and then OK again.
Good luck, please post back if you have any difficulties, and thanks for using FixYa.
Apr 11, 2011 |