What OS are you using? Ultimate, Premium, Basic?
Windows DVD Maker has stopped working
: While trying to create DVD in Windows DVD Maker in Vista, or while
creating a DVD from Windows Movie Maker, which uses Windows DVD Maker,
the burn process stops with error message.
Error message : " Windows DVD Maker has stopped working. A problem
caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available. "
Cause : Windows DVD maker stops working because of incompatibility with
one or more codec files which are outdated or incompatible with the
particular project or the DVD Maker software
These Codec files should be located and renamed to resolve the issue.
1. Open Start menu and type Event Viewer in the Start menu search bar. Open Event Viewer from the menu.
2. In the Event Viewer window Click on Windows Logs in the left panel
3. Click on Application Logs under Windows Logs
4. Locate error messages listed in the Central panel of the Event
Viewer window and double click the error to check if this is log is
related to DVD Maker.
Sample Error Log :
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: nevideohd.ax
Fault Module Version: 18.104.22.168
Fault Module Timestamp: 459bb828
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00008b89
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1062
5. Locate Fault Module name, it should be a file with extension .ax.
6. Once the file name is identified, try to locate the file in
C:/Windows/System32 folder. ( Please click on Show Contents if the
files are not listed Automatically ).
7. If the files are not listed in System32 folder, search for the file, with search containing system
files and folders.
8. Locate the file and rename it.
9. Check if the issue persists. If the issue persists and the error
message again appears, locate the new .ax file that is causing the
issue from the Event Viewer, error log.
These steps will resolve the issue instantly without a restart.