Question about D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 / 300Mbps / 802.11n / 4-Port / Cable/DSL Wireless Router (DIR635)
I just set up a dlink dir-300 router and i cannot find the space where i put a passwork to my network. is it in the wireless setup page? where do i put the wep key to secure my network
Simply open your Internet browser, in the address line, inset 192.168.0.1, then:
-> Goto TOOLS
Here you set the administrator password, note that you have to set the same password twice.
Do set some security as well, other vice your neighbor will use your network, - and that you don’t want, as you don’t know what and where he go on the internet.
On page 27 in your manual, you find the way to set the wireless settings.
On page 37 in your manual, you find a way to set MAC address settings. Thise settings allow only those MAC addresses as you put in the table.
You find your own MAC address like this:
->Start->run->write cmd and hit enter; a black DOS window open, write ipconfig /all (note the space before /all). Here you find your MAC address – note that there is two cards in your laptop, and the card you want the MAC address for is the wireless card.
plz let me know if you need furter help.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
1. Log into the web-based configuration by opening a web browser and entering the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1). Click on Wireless Setup on the left side.
2. Next to Security Mode, select Enable WEP Wireless Security (basic).
3. Next to Authentication, select either Shared Key or Open. Shared Key is recommended as it provides greater security when WEP is enabled.
4. Select either 64Bit or 128Bit encryption from the drop-down menu next to WEP Encryption.
5. Next to Default Key Type, select WEP Key 1 and enter a WEP key that you create. Make sure you enter this key exactly on all your wireless devices. You may enter up to four different keys either using Hex or ASCII. Hex is recommended (letters A-F and numbers 0-9 are valid). In ASCII all numbers and letters are valid.
6. Click Save Settings to save your settings. If you are configuring the router with a wireless adapter, you will lose connectivity until you enable WEP on your adapter and enter the same WEP key as you did on the router.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2013 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Sep 02, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Mar 07, 2011 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
Jul 08, 2010 | D-Link DIR-450 Router (DIR450)
Jul 18, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Feb 10, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 17, 2009 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
Dec 30, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 31, 2017 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
Aug 27, 2017 | D-Link / RangeBooster N 650 / DIR-635 /...
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: