I dropped it once, the battery fell out, and when I put it back in and tried to turn my cellular device back on, nothing happened. I waited a couple of days, and now when I hit the power button, it vibrates quickly and then a red light flashes quickly (the light is usually green). Please let me know any advice that you have.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try putting the phone in a bag of rice for 24 hours. It's a popular fix for water-damaged electronics. If that doesn't work turn the phone off and take the battery out. Then use a Q-tip to drip a few drops of alcohol on the button, and put your mouth right on the button and blow into it. I did that once with an iPod.
dry the phone out and keep it off for a day or two. Your phone is interanlly wet and trying to tamper with it while wet will only fry your phone. Once it is dried inside and out put your battery back on and turn it on :o)
If your device gets covered in water, act fast and rationally, and you may be able to save your device. 1. DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON 2. Pull out the battery. 3. Please your device and battery into a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture. 4. Please it in a warm, dry place where it can receive direct sunlight. 5. Be patient. It is recommended that you leave it in there for at least 48 hours. 6. After 48 hours, put the battery back in and power on.
try this :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
related link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY
I dropped a phone in the toilet once, a T-mobile phone. it took a couple of days for it to dry out completely. Then I snapped it back together, and it was fine. Being that yours just got wet, and not immersed is different though, so you may want to take it into T-mobile and see if they can check it out for you because then you will know for sure what is going on. Good luck.
Don't put the battery / power on. Take the phone to the mechanic / nokia service center on urgent basis. They will remove the remnents of the water and salt over the circuit.
If the problem is still not solved, either the power supply or the motherbaord will require a replacement.
the same happened to me tooooo, it fell into the sink, and now only has light on the screen and nothing else, and goes off it self in a few moments, i tried USB'ing all data to PC, but PC is failling to recognise the device! even with PC suite!!!!
Yes, I've seen this happen twice, similarly. When enough shock has been applied to a phone, such as your case, the screen is very susceptable to damage and will need to be repaired or replaced. There's nothing you can do with expertise or spare parts unfortunately, you may even want to look at a new phone if the warranty is out on the phone.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.