Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Hi joe just picked up a linksys wrt160n and i seem to have a good wireless
connection to my ps3 but the wired connection to my pc keeps coming up
as internet explorer not found or unavailable on occasion. It will be up as it is right now for a bit but will then go down. Not to familiar with routers so not sure what to do to fix the problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.
I solved this by returning it and getting the Netgear which was cheaper. So far not a problem!
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
First you need to find a Windows wired or wireless device already connected to the network in order to find out the required settings
1. Click start --> (sometimes settings) --> Control Panel --> Network Connections
2. Double click on the active connection which will say connected underneath
3. Click Support
4. Click Details
5. Now the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Alternate DNS which are displayed should be noted.
Note these down and set these values on your PC by doing the following:-
Start --> Control Panel --> Network Connections --> right click on Local Area Connection --> click Properties
In the small middle box scroll down to Internet Protocol TCP/IP
and click to highlight
Click properties button and enter the values
Click Close or OK
2 other things can also stop your wireless connection from dropping:-
Change the Channel transmitted in Wireless Settings
Defrag your hard disk
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. You have an updated Easy Setup Key and would like to get additional computers wirelessly connected to the Internet.
2. You would like to perform the above task but do not have an updated Easy Setup Key.
3. You finished setting up your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router and would like to get a desktop with no wireless connectivity connected to the Internet.
4. You would like to wirelessly connect a computer to your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router using the Windows Wireless Manager.
5. You would like to give temporary Internet access to a visiting friend or relative.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Nov 21, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 13, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 13, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 09, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 09, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 15, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
384 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!