1. Scanner not initialising completely,
2. Scanner Lamp not on
3. Error Codes "E2 & 20" on Copy
4. Paper is fed partially,
I have check the Lamp and it is not blown (10 Ohms)
I have visually check the Paper pickup clutch, looks OK. ( I didn't strip it).
I have visually inspected all the components on the Main Board, All look OK.
No Burnt or Damaged components.
*** I am suspecting the Main Board. ***
Please Advise me of a Solution.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The paper path on the 2250 has changed to the single sheet feeder, I guess you are using tractor fed paper loaded into the standard front tractors, if this is the case you can change the paper path to Tractor 1 in the following way;
1.Power the printer off and disconnect the printer from the computer system. 2.Press and hold down the SETUP button, and power the printer on. Keep the SETUP button held down whilst the printer initialises (this unlocks the printer menu) 3.When the printer has finished initialising release the SETUP button. 4.Make sure that the printer is in Offline mode; press the Online key, if necessary. 5.Remove any paper that may be loaded into the printer. 6.Press the SETUP button 7.Press the button under PAPERPATH (button 3) 8.Press the button under TRACTOR 1 to select the tractor feed 9.Press the ONLUE button to exit the menu.
The first thing I would try is to clean the paper feed rollers:
1) Remove the paper and power on the printer 2) Press and hold the <Resume/Cancel>button until the power lamp flashes three (3) times, then release 3) Cleaning will start automatically 4) Wait approx. 30 seconds for cleaning to complete 5) When the power lamp lights, repeat #2 above
I suggest repeating #2 at least 5 times. Then you are ready to see if a single sheet of plain paper will feed.
1) Load a single 8.5 x 11 plain sheet of paper 2) Press and hold <Resume/Cancel> button until power lamp flashes three (3) times, then release 3) The paper should be picked up and fed through the printer.
You may wish to repeat this process as well (#1 and #2 above) to insure the paper is being picked up to your satisfaction.
this error belogs to Exposure lamp problem ? cause of this error 1. Defective scanner PWB. 2.Defective exposure lamp or inverter PWB. 3.Incorrect shading position poor . 4.poor contact of the connector terminals Solutions:- 1. Replace the scanner PWB and check for correct operation. 2. Replace the exposure lamp or inverter PWB. 3.Adjust the position of the contact glass (shading plate). If the problem still occurs, replace the scanner home position sensor. 4.Check the connection of connector YC7 on the scanner PWB, and the continuity across the connector terminals. Repair or replace if necessary.
Here are some instructions from the Lexmark X63 which was similar to the X125.
The Lexmark X63 uses a sheet fed scanner, intended to scan 8 1/2 x11 inch paper.
To scan a document between 5 1/2 inches and 8 3/4 inches wide, center the document between the paper feed guides leading into the scanner and make sure the document is held straight,. Do not bend the document as it is fed into the scanner.
To scan photos or pictures that are 5 1/2 inches wide or smaller, you will need to use a flatbed scanner, or "mat" the image into a regular letter-size paper and scan the entire page. When the scan process is complete, crop out the picture using the AUTO CROP option in the Scan and Copy Control program or the photo-editing software.
The most likely culprit is that the rollers that pull the paper are dirty. Use the steps below to clean the rollers.
If paper does not feed correctly, perform the following to clean the paper feed rollers:
1) Confirm that the printer is powered on. 2) Remove any paper from the printer.
3) Press and hold the <Resume/Cancel> button. 4) Release the <Resume/Cancel> button after the Power lamp blinks three times.
Note: The Power lamp will blink and the paper feed roller starts cleaning itself by revolving. 5) When the Power lamp lights in green, repeat Steps 3 and 4 up to two additional times. (Please wait approx. 30 seconds for paper feed roller cleaning to complete.) 6) To confirm whether cleaning has been performed properly, set a blank sheet of plain paper (8 1/2 x 11 Letter size) in the sheet feeder or cassette. 7) Press and hold the <Resume/Cancel> button and release it when the Power lamp blinks three times. (The paper set in the printer is picked up and fed.) 8) Repeat the process as necessary
Could be a dirty scanner. Not much to check, it is a lamp issue.
You can try disconnecting the cables to the document feeder and scanner. The one on the right side of the machine, where the power cord, thats is odd to access and tighten often works loose.
Here is the entire documentation troubleshooting procedure, this is from the service manual.
Step Questions and Actions Yes No
1 1. Cycle power to the system to clear.
2. Did the error recur?
Replace the Complete.
3 1. Are the lamps on?
2. Run the diagnostic test:
Go to Step 3. Replace the
4 1. Is the scan head in the home position? Replace Replace
Scanner Failure, Power Off and On' Message Displays on the Control Panel when Copying or Scanning
Issue The message 'Scanner failure, Power off and on' displays on the control panel of the product. This error usually occurs when trying to scan, to make copies, or during the product start up. Try the solutions in this document until the issue is resolved. It is not necessary to continue to the next solution if one solution resolves the issue. Solution one: Check the scanner light Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. While the product is making the copy, slightly lift the scanner lid to see if the scanner light is visible. CAUTION: Do not look directly at the light. It is not necessary to completely open the lid to see the light. If the scanner mechanism moves across the scan bed, but the light is not lit, click here to service the product . Solution two: Check operating conditions Extreme temperatures can affect the operation of the product. Make sure the operating conditions match those recommended in the User Guide provided with the product. Solution three: Check the power connections
1. Make sure that the product is connected directly to a grounded wall outlet and not plugged into a power strip. 2. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 3. If the error message persists, temporarily move the product to a different room or outlet, and then make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. 4. Check the part number on the power supply to make sure that it matches the part number listed in the User Guide.
Solution four: Perform a power cycle
1. Turn the product off. 2. Unplug the power cord from the product. 3. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the product. 4. Turn the product on. 5. Make a color copy by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution five: Reset the product Follow these steps to reset the product. Step one: Perform a partial reset
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 3 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel. If the partial reset resolves the issue, do not continue to the semi-full reset.
Step two: Perform a semi-full reset CAUTION: Performing a semi-full reset deletes any phone numbers that are saved on the product.
1. Unplug the power cord from the product. 2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord. 3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
Solution six: Service the product If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
1. Take paper tray completely out of the machine.
2. Remove the rear cover, clean the paper pick-up roller.
3. Put rear cover back, put paper tray into machine.
4. Copy a blank page for paper feeding test.
I had the same problem with my 3 year old HP Officejet 5610. Feeding heavy paper or white card stock would result in a paper jam. The card stock would start to feed, but then stop half way. The pinch rollers seemed to spin without advancing the paper, even if the paper was fed one sheet at a time.
Solution: Clean the rubber pinch rollers with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Partial disassembly/reassembly required.
To access the rollers, remove the scanner plate:
1. Disconnect power, USB, and phone cables.
2. Open up the scanner sheet feeder by tilting it left.
3. Unlatch the scanner scanner feeder so that it opens completely vertical. Latch is on front hinge only.
4. Remove the 4 corner hex screws on the scanner plate. Remove the 2 hex screws on the sheet feeder. (I used a small flat blade screw driver in the hex heads)
4. Lift the plate and sheet feeder away from printer box. Disconnect the 2 flat cable wires from the circuit board.
5. Scrub rubber pinch rollers with alcohol on a swab. Dry thoughly.
6. Reassemble. (NOTE: This is a good time to clean the underside of the glass plate and the scanner head)