An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: GE Spacemaker microwave running, then hummed, then...
The magntron has shorted out , then it blew the fuse inside unless you realy LOVE this microwave you should not put money into it . if its the best thing ever ! , parts should cost around 100.00 + labor . ge microwaves go through magntrons all the time , just poorly made .good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
could use a little more detail.
when u have no display screen the solutions are.
* A fuse in your home may be blown or the circuit breaker tripped.
A. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker
* Power surge.
A. Unplug the microwave oven, then plug it back in.
* Plug not fully inserted into wall outlet
A. Make sure the 3-prong plug on the oven is fully inserted into wall outlet.
* Door not securely closed.
A. Open the door and close securely.
your power transformer for the magnetron could have a shorted primary power winding,the door safety interlock switch could be mis-adjusted,this normally blows the internal unit fuse,a shorted high voltage capacitor,or diode,a bare wire inside the unit,more than the microwave on that circuit or a weak circuit breaker in the house power panel
Make sure that the microwave is plugged into a grounded outlet. It must be a 3-prong outlet.
Make sure the clock is set.
Check to see if a programming sequence was entered.
Sometimes improper programming or a program sequence such as delay
start can cause the touch panel to be non-responsive. Unplug microwave
or turn off house circuit breaker for 30 seconds. Plug back in, or
reset circuit breaker, and try reprogramming unit.
Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box. If the microwave is DEAD and there is no display and nothing works- the problem could be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
check the circuit breaker first it may be the fuse is blown The fuse may be located behind the grille following the power cord on the rside of the unit. it may be a bad thermal fuse or oven thermostat.
It could be a bad in-line circit breaker fuse.
Unplug the microwave and take the outside cover off. Look for the in-line circuit breaker fuse. Use a plastic fuse puller (not your hands or a metal tool as there is still voltage stored in the microwave even when it is unplugged).
Look at the fuse and see if it is blown. (The metal wire running length of tube will be broken. If you have one, test with an Ohmmeter.