Question about Compaq Audio card Sound Card
You have to install the audio driver. That's a common thing that if you install a fresh copy of your operating system, meaning you started from scratch. So eventually, some of your system drivers must be reinstalled.
First download and install the UAA driver from the following link:
After installing this, download and install the audio driver from the following link:
This will create a swsetup folder in C drive ("C:\swsetup\sp34200")
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2011 | Sony VAIO (PCWA-A200)
Apr 09, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario V3000T Notebook
Sep 03, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
May 27, 2009 | HP Pavilion zv6000 Notebook
May 25, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2009 | Compaq Audio card Sound Card
Dec 01, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Dec 23, 2007 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: