You have a virus on the PC!!What the regsvr.exe virus does?
• This worm creates folders and a registry entry to enable its automatic execution at every system startup.
• This worm also creates a scheduled task to enable its automatic execution at a specified date and/or time.
• It also creates Autorun.inf
file for its auto execution.Solution to fix the problem:1. If the task manager and registry editor is disabled then we need to enable them first. Read this
post.2. Delete the Autorun.inf file created by the virus.
First go to cmd (start menu, run or search
, type “attrib X:Autorun.inf –s –r –h
” without quotes where X is your drive name which is having the problem. Now the file is visible and ready to delete. After deleting the file, close the explorer and open it again
3. Now type msconfig
in the Run dialog and click on startup tab.
4. Look for regsvr and uncheck any options, click OK.
5. Now traverse to control panel -> scheduled tasks, and delete the At1
task that might be listed there.
6. Type regedit in the Run dialog to open the registry editor.
7. Click on Edit -> Find and search for regsvr.exe8. Just delete all the occurrences of regsvr.exe virus (do not confuse it with regsvr32.exe which is not a virus
9. Navigate to entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
and modify the entry Shell = “Explorer.exe regsvr.exe”
to delete the regsvr.exe from it.10. Now to actually delete the virus from the system go to system32 folder and delete the regsvr.exe virus file from there (you will need to uncheck the option of “Hide Protected System Files and Folders” in Folder Options to view the virus file).
Reboot the system for changes to take place.
If this is too much for you to understand please post back for an alternative.