- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If I am not mistaken the EL1197 is the ink roller type. It has the red/black and it's the IR40T. If that's the one replace the ink roller. If it's a ribbon type then replace the ribbon. It's about $5. Email me if there is any problem
Remove the paper scroll from the printer. Turn off the power and make sure the print wheel has stopped moving.
Slide the printer cover toward the back of the machine to remove it. Lift out the old ribbon and replace it with the new one by facing the black side of the ribbon up. Secure one of the reels to its reel shaft, thread the ribbon around the outside of the metal guides, and secure the other reel to the opposite reel shaft.
Tighten any slack ribbon by turning one of the reels
Replace the print cover and reset the paper scroll.
I searched this online, and have found the following instructions:
1) Set the power switch to OFF
2) Remove the printer cover
3) Remove the ink roller by turning it counterclockwise and pulling it upward.
4) Install the correct color new ink roller and press it in the correct position. Make sure that the ink roller is securely in place.
5) Put back the printer cover.