I have professional installed power. Ground wire is perfect, power wire perfect, and the remote wire also sufficent. But the amp light is blank, no red for protection or green for good either. I have a fan placed on top of the amp to keep from overheating. It worked good for 3 days and now i cant get it to work. The day it shutdown I could smell electricity from the amp area. The fan works good and my speakers are brand new. Whats wrong with my amp?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would go with some good 8 gauge. More than that for this amp would be overkill and a waste. Many people thing thicker wire is better but that is not the case. To thick of wire to the power feed can draw to much power and send the amp into protect mode. Also to thick of wire with an insufficient amount of power can actual hamper the amps true abilities.
Use stranded copper wire not solid copper wire for the best results of conductivity.
Make sure to run a 50 amp fuse inline with the power wire right off the battery. Amps surge and it is far easier to replace a $1 fuse than components inside your amp.
Your ground is best served running to a bolt in the floorboard. Using the same size, style and quality as your power wire is recommended.
Your remote wire will connect to the remote wire running from the back of your deck. The remote wire enables your amp to shut off when your deck is shut off. A simple 16 gauge stranded copper wire will suffice for the remote wire.
I recommend hooking the speakers up using one speaker per channel. I don't bridge amps really. If you want more power then buy a bigger amp.
The AV cords will go from your deck to your amp right to right and left to left.
bolt to floor board about 1/2 in. off ground run power, ground, rca, and remote wires to mounting destination conect power to pos remote to remote and ground to ground rcas to rca jacks in both cd player and amp then run 12 guage speaker wire from amp to speakers
Here are the troubleshooting steps for fuses blowing.
1) Remove all wiring except ground, power and remote and see if the amp powers up without blowing the fuses. If it does, the problem is in the input cables or speaker wiring.
2) The use of loudspeaker impedances below the recommended minimums will cause the amp to draw excessive current - check.
3) A shorted or grounded RCA cable may cause the fuses to blow - check. 4) If an amplifier fuse blows continually, with only +12 volt, ground and remote leads connected, the amplifier is probably defective, most likely shorted output MOSFET's. In this case the amp needs professional repair or replacement.
First determine if it is the amp or the wiring that is causing the problem.
Disconnect all wiring except ground, power and remote turn-on and see if the amp powers up properly. If it doesn't, the amp itself is defective and needs professional repair or replacement. If the amp powers up OK with just ground, power and remote turn-on connected, check all of your other wiring for shorts and grounds, or reconnect them one at a time.
There should be 3 wires running to the amp. +12v, ground and remote. ensure the remote is connect to the remote of the player or preamp. if the remote aint connected there will be no power on the amp.. if yor radio or player dont have a remote wire, connect the remote wire directly to the battery +12 to test it. If it powers on, then you can run the wire to a spst switch somewhere in the car and from the switch to the amp.
The power antenna wire only supplies 12vdc when the radio is on. When CD or other sources are selected, the power antenna wire goes to 0vdc. The remote turn-on wire provides 12vdc whenever the head-unit is on. If your amps are powered on only when the radio is turned on, I would bet that you have the power antenna wire connected and not the remote turnon wire.
schematic & instructions on deck
red (+) - power - 2 amp's power inlet power (+)
black (-) - ground - 2 amp's power inlet ground (-)
deck yellow wire - remote - 2 the remote amp
deck outputs 2 the RCA amp inputs
amp RCA outputs 2 speakers
it is wise that a pro will install the system
it will give u less concerns and u will have warranty on the installation
this will save u the money u will spend for fixing a bad installation