Power on T.V. keeps cutting on & off every second.
I have a Samsung HCN 5529W 46 inch. The T.V will not stay on for more than 2 seconds. It keeps cutting on & off.
Also-when the T.V. was working, I cannot remove the closed caption & it's driving me crazy. I went through the menu to get it removed, but it & selected "OFF" for closed caption, but it was still there...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be several things but the most common causes are:
1. Make sure that the lamp is working: -make sure it lights up as viewed through the lamp access panel or the back of the set and stays lit. New lamps for most units are available on eBay for less than 100.00 with free shipping.
2. That the lamp access door safety switch is properly held in place: -make sure that the lamp access door is in place and that the screw is snug. The symptoms of a bad / broken or open switch is that the unit will light up and the fans will spin for about 15-20 seconds then the unit will power down.
Other notes: A general comment on cleaning the fans... that is only part of a heat problem or preventive maintenance. Make sure you also clean the heat syncs of any dust. These are the fin shaped items... some are black and others are silver... found near or behind the fans. Get yourself a one or two inch SOFT bristle paint brush and gently wipe the fins clean with the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner close to the area to **** up the dust. Clean fans won't do much good if these are coated with dust and most of them are after a few months of service.
I have two 50" units and I clean them every year in the spring... before the heat of the summer hits. Unlike other TV designs, DLP's move a LOT of air so this is important.
I have fixed this problem many times. To start you must unplug the set and take the back off.
Close to where the AC plug cord goes in next to the relay which is in a small plastic box about 2 inches long and 3/4 inch wide and 2 inches high there is a capacitor which is a cylinder type component that has the location of c858 and it has two connections one positive and one negative. You can see the negative sign on the side of it. It should have the number 470 and 25 V on it too. This part is bad and must be replaced. Unsolder old and solder in new. You can get at Radio Shack for around a dollar. When you put the new one in it must be correct negative and positive as the one took out. Be sure to make good solder connections
there is a fuse blown in the television keeping it from staying on. after the shutdown press and hold the menu and device/input button for about 5 seconds and the led will blink a 2 digit code with a pause in between. the code will repeat itself. 2.2 is the most common and points to the convergence ics and 1 or 2 5a pico fuses. 2.3 is the next most common and points to a fault on the power supply. goodluck.