I would think either your mute or your headset feature is activated. Mute button is obvious and the display should say mute. The headset also should have an icon on the display however you may have to turn it off in the MENU screen. .
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Three possibilities: you have muted your microphone (sometimes by using an external mic it turns the internal one off), you have turned the mic down to the point where it's so low it isn't picking anything up, or the mic is broken.
Look around under settings and check the mic volume and mute settings. If they are okay then I'd say the mic has gone south.
With the phone in standby mode, press the menu/clock key three times. You hear "Ring time" and the current ring time, and it is displayed on the main base. Then you hear the guidance for setting the ring time.
Press the volume/select-up-down until the desired setting appears.
Press the set key.
Full instructions are in the "Setting the Ring Time" section of the manual (page 36 in my copy). If you need a manual, you can download a copy at http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/DXAI5588-2om.pdf
1) With the phone in standby mode, press the menu/clock key three times. You hear “Ring time” and the current ring time ([2 ], [ 4], [6 ], [T ] Toll saver), and it is displayed on the main base. Then you hear the guidance for setting the ring time.
2) Press the volume/select/ or up or down arrow key until the desired ring time appears.
3) Press the set key to select the new ring time. You hear a confirmation tone, then the announcement “Ring time” followed by the new ring time. After a few seconds, the system announces “To set record time, press menu again.”
Need the manual for your phone? You can download/print it here:
The only thing I can think of is you may be in the wrong dial mode. If you do not have touch tone service you will hear the tones but it will not connect. Try setting it to pulse and see if you can call out. Check you volume or see if the mute has been set. Have you tried a different phone? you might want to borrow a phone from a neighbor to see if it is a service problem or just your phone.