An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: washing machine drum is very wobbly
* General tips * Balance the load * Level the machine * Inspect the water pump for a blockage * Inspect the coupling * Inspect the transmission * Adjust the drive belt tension * Check the motor bearings * Check the drum brakes
The above are possibly the general remedies for this problem.But possible if the problem still persists after this, possibly the drum bearings might have been damaged during the previous heavy vibrations.Please do post comments.Will be glad to help you out.Good luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
a couple of suggestions, either a spring has broken at the base of the drum, there are 6-8 of these used to keep the drum central, remove the front panel to take a look.
The machine is not getting up to full spin speed causing it to wobble, try reducing the load or could be slipping belt.
1. Make and model of the washer? 2.How old the washer is? 3. Is it banging only at high speed or even on slow speed? 4. Is it only during the final spin or all the time during spin? 5. If you move the drum by hand, is there any noise? Could you turn the drum easily?
If the machine is leaking then the bolt on the drum need to be tightened. you can acces them by removing the top or rear cover of the machine. If the machine is wobbling it need to be leveled or a shock absorber or spring connected to the drum has come loose or needs to be replaced
Sounds like the switch which cuts the machine off when the load is unbalanced. My guess is that:
This switch is being triggered too easily
The springs holding the bowl up are either stretched or one is broken;
The machine may not be level.