The icemaker still makes ice but no water or ice is dispensed out of the door dispenser. When you try to dispense ice or water the indicator beacon/light goes out. If I fiddle with the wire and plug below the freezer door the beacon light fluctuates. The fridge is just over a year old.
I understand that the wiring harness can not be changed (if that is the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does water dispense through the dispenser ok in the door dispenser??
If yes wate r dispenses through the door ok the problem is going to be with the icemaker itself and its not sending power to the water valve when its supposed to fill so it could make the ice
If water doesnt dispense through the door check that water pressure into valve is sufficent..even if water does dispense what seems to be ok check first that thier is good water pressure into the valve before replacing icemaker
Try and access the ice dispenser assembly and check from where the water is leaking. You would need to disassemble the ice dispenser and ice maker to check this. The ice dispenser is located in the upper portion of the freezer compartment. This assembly stores ice made by the icemaker and dispenses ice on demand from the door dispenser target switch.
1. Remove the upper ice bucket tray.
2. Slide out the ice dispenser assembly.
3. Remove the ice cube solenoid linkage Phillips head screw and slide the linkage back.
4. Remove the ice crusher cover Phillips head screws (2) and remove the cover.
5. With a pair of pliers, twist off the backing plate tabs located on either side of the crusher.
6. With 2 small flat-blade screwdrivers, unlock the ice crusher locking tabs located at either side of the ice crusher.
7. Lift the ice crusher out of the bucket.
8. Remove the ice crusher back cover.
9. Remove the locking ring from the ice crusher auger.
10. Remove the plastic nut with a pair of pliers by turning it clockwise.
11. Remove the spacers and blades. The blades are numbered for reassembly.
The icemaker is located in the upper rear of the freezer compartment and supplies ice to the dispenser tub.
1. Disconnect the icemaker cable connector.
2. Remove 1/4-in. icemaker mounting screws and slide out the icemaker.
This refrigerator is equipped with an Electronic Icemaker.
Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Icemaker is in line with the water and runs from the icemaker threw the door and up to the water valve. So that is why the ice maker is working and the water is not working, most likely the water has frozen inside, And this can be caused by many different reasons, if it has been humid or the door was left open then shut it would cause the moisture in the air to be drawn to the warm water and flash frosted the pipe, try to see if you can defrost the line with a hair dryer. If that does not work post here and I will tell you the next step to try.
I had a Whirlpool Model GD5SHAXNS in which the icemaker quit working about the same time (3 years old). I had water out the dispenser, I found that it was the icemaker itself failed not calling for water to fill it. I replaced it with a icemaker on-line for about $100 and problem fixed. I have been told his is a common problem with the icemaker in this model ref.
My icemaker stopped producing ice. We turned off the water line to it when we went on vacation for a week. We turned the water back on when we got home and since that time it won't produce ice. We can still get water from the door dispenser though.