- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It could just be a bad battery, swap battery's and see if the trouble follows. If so it is bad. Also on these lithium battery's you build the life to them, when it is fully charged, do not just use it for a few min. and put back on the base, if you do that's all they will last is a few min. after charged. Use it and leave off base, then get in the habit of only charging it at night and leave off base during the day. The battery should last 6-8 hours or more if not in use a lot.
Yr battery is probably Shot. With these type of batteries they can fall over if they go below 25% charge for a length of time. The charger is not charging even though it says it is. If the phone is not to old then get a new battery and try again. cheers
When you get new batteries for a cordless phone you need to let them charge over night. If you don't the battery will lose its charge much quicker. Now start by charging the batteries followed my plugging the base unit into the phone jack and the electrical outlet. The base unit is what sends out the signals to all the phones and is where your answering machine is located. Once the base is plugged in to the electrical socket and phone jack your phones should start receiving signal again. Make sure the batteries in the phones themselves are plugged in firmly and properly.
the batteries often go bad especially if you leave it on the charger all the time. i was told to leave it off charge all day and put it on at night and they would last longer. any ways take one of the batteries out of one of the other phones if they are the same and put in the one that will not hold a charge if it works fine go and buy a new battery. you can usually get them a wal mart very reasonable.
I finally find a way to stop this problem from occuring : never leave your phone on the charger with the battery isnt empty !
I know this sucks because what best place to put your phone at night than its base. But try it and it will work (unless your battery is already damaged). In the morning when i go to work, I charge it for 8 hours, then when I come back, I take it off the charge until next morning.
The base unit should not need a charge. It should be powered by the plug in adapter. It may have a battery to keep operation for a short time in a power outage. The adapter may be loose, the adapter could be broken or the plug in the phone may be broken.
Found the following in AT&Ts FAQs for your phone, I'll leave only what might be relevant:
# Charge the handset for 12 hours. After the first charge, the battery will quick charge in only 8 hours. Re-cradle the handset nightly for recharging. The battery will not overcharge.
# Connect telephone line from base to unit to modular telephone jack. If cord is already plugged in, unplug and reconnect at both ends. Also, you may want to try another cord from a working telephone. See the owner's manual under "Connecting to Phone Line." (you can get the manual here on the product page in case you lost it)
# Try a working phone at the jack. If another phone has the same problem in that jack, the phone jack is defective.
Good luck, hope you work it out