Question about PC Desktops
Best bet would be to add more memory then... what make and model is your laptop ?
Also you might want to download a free program called spybot s&d
great for removing spyware which may be slowing your computer down.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Speed Up Windows 7 Boot
Speed up Windows 7: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Time1. Click on Start, enter "regedit" into the search field.
2. Goto: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Speed Up Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Preview
3. Double-click on "MouseHoverTime" and change the value to 100 or lower:
Change the mouse hover time to 100 or lower
4. Voilà, your thumbnail previews should appear a lot faster now. For another great tweak to speed up the Windows 7 taskbar, click here.
Speed Up Windows 7 Shutdown Time1. Open the registry editor (enter regedit into search field)
2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control"
3. Lower the value (12000 is the default value = 12 seconds) to a value of your choice
Speed Up Windows 7 Shutdown
Speed Up Application Access - Increase your productivityFirst of all create a folder "QuickStart" somewhere on your PC. Right-click on your taskbar:
Locate the folder "QuickStart" (you just created the folder so yo should know where it is) and then click "Ok". You are almost done, but we don't want that ugly text on our taskbar that is using a lot of space, turn it off:
Right-click on the new toolbar and uncheck "Show Text" and "Show Title"! Now drag the toolbar to the left until it's below the main icons and you will have something like this:
Sep 01, 2011 | Acer PC Desktops
Apr 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
Mar 02, 2011 | IBM ThinkCenter S51 (8171Y1A) PC Desktop
Aug 10, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX520 PC Desktop
Mar 28, 2009 | Gateway 300 C PC Desktop
Nov 09, 2008 | PC Desktops
Nov 04, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 26, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jul 15, 2008 | Toshiba PC Desktops
Mar 09, 2008 | PC Desktops
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!