Question about Hitachi 53UWX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
The tv started having blue and yellow around the edges of the people etc.
I posted this before, however I believe it fits your problem too:
You have a convergence amplifier problem. This is a common problem inthese types of televisions. The fix for this problem is to replace thetwo convergence amplifiers in your tv. These amplifiers usually go badalong with the associated bias resistors. I would suggest that if youare going to do this yourself you should use only the manufacturerecommended replacement parts. There are many who will tell you toupgrade the amplifiers, but my experiences have told me this is moretrouble then it is worth, if you don't plan on redesigning the circuititself. So with that being said, here is the basic procedure:
1) Get a schematic for your set (to be used in parts location and alignment instruction)
2)Using the Schematic locate the STK329-xxx or STK392-xxx seriesamplifiers (They are the two large six sided components attached to alarge heat sink on the deflection board)
3) unplug the TV set
4) remove the deflection board from the TV set
5)using a soldering gun or iron with either a de-soldering pump orde-soldering braid remove the solder from the pins of the amplifiersand the associative biasing resistors.
6) remove the amplifiersfrom the heat sink and clean the heat sink off with alcohol or asolvent designed for removing the silicon paste.
7) coat the metal plate of the new amplifiers with heat sink paste and install them on to the heat sink.
8) install the associative biasing resistors
9) solder all of the components, making sure not to create solder bridges (short circuits) on the printed circuit board.
10) inspect the soldering job for bridges and cold solder joints (touching the joins up if they are cold)
11) reinstall the board to the television (reconnecting all cables removed.
12) power up the TV and perform the alignment instructions in the schematic
13) set the alignment of the TV
14) perform the magic focus setup
This should complete this task.
Now if you feel that you can not do these tasks, please consult a qualified TV technician about doing this for you.
I hope this helps
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2010 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 24, 2010 | RCA Televison & Video
Jan 12, 2008 | Panasonic PT-47WX53 47" Rear Projection...
Oct 28, 2007 | Philips 50PP9202 50" Rear Projection...
Mar 20, 2007 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Mar 06, 2017 | Hitachi 53UWX10B 53" Rear Projection...
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: