Question about LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
My front-loader LG WM2487 leaks a small amount of water (soaks a small rag) out of the front-left corner with every wash load. It appears to leak while draining. I have already cleaned the drain pump filter in that area and checked for leaks. How do I get the front off in order to check for the source of the leak? If I have the front off, can I run the washer to find the problem? Any other advice?
Not sure if this machine is similar to the WM2277, but here is the procedure for that - my leak was in the "baffels" hose that connects the drum to the drain pump:
1. Drain the machine - pry the panel at the front left lower corner to get access to a stoppered tube. drain as much water from here as possible.
2. Remove screw visible inside this area and remove the white molded plastic - also remove the screw behind that plastic.
3. Open the washer door and remove the spring loaded wire around the door gasket. Carefully pull the door gasket away from the panel push inside and then reclose the door.
4. Remove the detergent drawer and the two screws visible behind it.
5. Pull the top of the electronics panel away from the machine and lift up - place on top of machine or hook it out of the way
6 Remove the 4 screws that are visible holding the front panel to the machine. Left the entire front panel up about 2 inches and swing to the right (there is a wire connecting the door to the machine on the right)
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Hi, I had water coming from the bottom of my WM2487, and it turned out to be the hot water inlet valve. The valve itself on the top was soaked with water, and dripped down the tub, and then towards the front of the machine. I decided to check the valve and it looked like it was not fully tightened. I took it apart to make sure, and sure enough after I put it back together and tightened the screws fully, it did not leak again. A comment on the previous suggestion. Do not turn down the water at the taps too much or you may find that the washer will not fully fill, which will result in a wash with leftover soap on your clothes. I had the cold water turned down a lot, and ended up with itchy clothes.
Posted on Jan 21, 2013
Hi I have the same thing and its to do with the water pressure entering the machine. Has taken ages to work this out. Will it resolve itself if you turn the infeed taps right down at the wall. Mine is leaking out the suds chamber at front left. Water must just come in too fast and shoot out the top. Thanks Carla
Posted on Jun 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2016 | LG Washing Machines
Oct 22, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 02, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jun 29, 2011 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
May 16, 2010 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Dec 28, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 23, 2009 | LG WM2277H Front Load Washer
Mar 30, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Mar 09, 2009 | LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
880 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!