My rio nitrus will not show anything on the screen
When i charge it, it will turn on, but it only lights up blue and wont show anything on the screen. Someone please help me, I can't stand not being able to see what's playing...
so it plays music but I can't see it on the screen
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: My rio nitrus will not show anything on the screen
Ok. You have reset your device, there is a reset hole next to the DC-in hole.
Then if it still not working then you have to ask for a new lcd screen/ lcd screen module.
That means the LCD of your MP3 Player isn't working anymore.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you look in the hints and tips section for the Rio carbon there are many things I have posted that should help you. I have no hands on knowledge of the hardware of a Nitrus but I understand that it is similar to the carbon.
It says "upgrader" because it is looking for a firmware upgrade - you will not be able to get rid of this message without doing the firmware upgrade - go to the rio website and follow the instructions for doing a fimrware upgrade - the msg will be removed, and you will be good to go
I encountered the same issue with my Nitrus. After following instructions to upgrade firmware, I had the "restarting" message on screen. I then took the unit apart once again. I could hear the drive making a noise. I tapped on the back of the drive with a screwdriver and the player started working properly.
Ok Rio nitrus is great litle thing, and I had the same problem. This is what you should do:
1) download latest firmware for rio nitrus http://www.rioaudio.com/support/rio/downloads/Nitrus/RioNitrus_firmware_123.exe 2) unpack firmware 3) connect Rio Nitrus to your comp; 4)While holding menu buton press power button, you sholud see on display showing UPGRADER text;
5) Then upgrade the firmware ( note that this will erase all the songs- read the read me file that come with firmware);
Although I allready have the same version of firmware v.123 like the one that upgreded this solved the problemm.
I have not been on FixYa for about a 1/2 a year so as I seem to be the only person answering Rio problems I have only just seen your problem... Sorry, so if you haven't bought an iPod yet (or you want to try and fix this anyway) then I would recommend wiping and rebooting your player:
Windows only.... Please post if you are not using windows...
Open My Computer with your Rio plugged in. Right click on your Rio player and click on format. Leave the default values - if it asks you something then use your initiative. Then click on format. Then
when it has finished formatting go to your firmware (can be downloaded
from: http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/rio/product.asp?prodID=112). Follow the instructions and then it should load the firmware onto your player. When it has done then your player should (in theory!) work properly.
1) Make sure that you use your MP3 Player carefully. Don't drop it. and put it in a safe place.
2) Charge your Player only when its battery nearly empty.
3) leave some storage available, like 10% of your storage.
4) Unplug it from your PC when you aren't using it.
5) Use safe removal when removing it from your PC.
6) When you don't use it, Shut it down.
I took ny Rio Nitrus apart trying to fix the screen & noticed that the rechargable battery connects to the motherboard with two flimsy little wires and a pinhead worth of solder. If you've tried everything else, it'd be worth your time to take off the back and have a look 'cuz a drop could easily have shaken one of these wires loose.