I only have the actual MP3 player. i dont have any disk at all, i bought it used. so when i plug it in it tells me the MTP device failed to launch? Is there a way I can download the neccesary plug ins?
go to sandisk.com and you can download driver under "support" section .try this:
when you "un-install" or "dis-enable" the device, you must then re-boot your computer to essentially wipe out any memory of this device. When you start your computer back up, then plug in your device, your computer should see it as "new hardware" and install the correct drivers for it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The unit doesn't come with any disk. factory settings can be done on the mp3 player itself. Soft reset is on the back of the unit, just use a paper clip to reset.
Your computer should automatically detect the device as a 'removable disk' drive under 'my computer' after you plug it in.
if not, it might be on MTP mode, In the device menu, go to 'SETUP' > System > USB Mode, make sure you have it on MSC. Some computers are missing MTP (because you dont use Windows Media Player), then reconnect it, computer should read it correctly.
Unfortunately you are not going to be able to go online to sync your device...All music subscription such as napster and rhapsody require you to sync your device every single month using their actual software..The reason is to prevent customer from cancelling their music subscription..once you cancel your membership all the songs you have on your device will become useless.In another word, you are renting the music from the subscription company...
P.S.Please rate accordingly... Thank You Computerrep
There are two possible options (these are not guaranteed to work):
1) Go to www.microsoft.com, enter your mp3 player model number in the search tab and see if a new driver has been developed for this device to make it compatible with Vista
2) With your mp3 player plugged in to the computer, go to Start --> Control Panel --> Systema nd Maintenance --> Device Manager
3) Find your mp3 player on the list and double-click the device; click on driver tab and then update driver - select the option that allows you to search the computer AND the internet for the driver (make sure you are connected to the internet BEFORE selecting this option); if you do not see your exact mp3 player name on the list, look for a similar looking name on the list such as "MTP Device"; also, look for devices with a yellow exclamation mark next to them - this is a sign of a device needing a repair or driver update
from when i first bought mine...
does it show as an MP3 player or MTP device, if it is the second one you'll need to do some tinkering in the settings. the instructions for this are in the small manual [no really]. It'll then behave normally.
Otherwise MTP devices require you to put files on in a different (and slightly arcane) way they also may need to be 'official' DRM files rather than CD-rips
hope this helps in some way and does not confuse
ben there are actually two modes of transfer the player is using. The first is by choosing MSC/Rhapsody on the player. You can drag and drop songs to the player provided they are not purchase from any online music stores like rhapsody, bestbuy music, or walmart.com. The other mode is MTP/Plays for Sure you can transfer songs to the player using windows media player 11 software or any mtp softwares. You can use this link for more instructions
http://sandisk.com/sansa/ then choose support then softwares and user manual then choose your model then on the right window click on the link How to Videos.
you need to put the cd in and then you need to wait for some type of loading process and when its done loading you go to the start button on the main menu and then go to the box that says my computer and the picture or the name of the disk will be there and click on it then it will load then it will begin to play or do whatever it does