Question about Rockford Fosgate Punch P4002 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Any suggestions to get this transistor?

Is there a cross for these 2 transistors? FQA 46N15 FQA 36P15 Fairchild semiconductor to NTE, ECG or equiv?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Contributor
  • 39 Answers
Re: any suggestions to get this transistor?

Um, hard to find eh ? Ok here are 2 links for those parts, in stock at mouser. FQA 46N15: FQA 36P15: I didn't see any cross refs for that one. The only thing i didn't check was searching for other 150V N-Channel QFET, and 150V P-Channel QFET's, if you find some you could compare the datasheets. If you don't have time to lose, order from mouser :) Cya ! cheebster.

Posted on Jun 18, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer


Sound like both. But the amp is fried now. It is fixable you have to replace the transistors that is attached to the heatsink. Its a job and a half and need soldering skills.
Parts are just a few bucks on line. What you need to do is open up the amp and disasemble the whole thing. Take the motherboard off completly and look at the transistors for the part number. find the part number and go to this website for a cross-refference fot an NTE part number.$$Search?OpenForm. Once located the NTE part number. Go to and search the NTE part number in the search box. Hope this helps.

May 19, 2011 | Car Amplifiers

2 Answers


The problem is that the driver circuit is also damaged. Try powering up the unit with the output transistors disconnected. Measure each pad and report the results here. You should see something like 0.6,B+,0.0 on each set of three. Some will be negative rather than + (-0.6,B-, 0.0).

Keep us posted.

Jul 03, 2008 | Car Amplifiers

1 Answer

Blown Voltage regulators

that first number most likely is 2N414A. Goto NTE cross refference web site and put this number in, it will show you a cross for it with a picture of the transistor to match it to the one you have. Hope this helps good luck.

May 24, 2010 | MTX Thunder 421D Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

My car Amp keeps blowing the main fuse, How to find the short?

Hello A4en1, hi, A short circuit need not be burned, the short usually are semiconductors such as ICs and transistors or diodes, I suggest you replace your IC power amplifier.

Mar 29, 2010 | Sony Car Amplifiers

1 Answer

Hi how are u ? i am building car amps in china ,i just want to know which is the best transistotrs to use ,they are using t.i.p ,but i like s k what do think

They are pretty much the same. TIP are usually ECG replacement parts that you get taken to the cleaners for. Just verify all parameters of a cheap transistor, also look at de-rating as well. De rate the transistor by 50% as well, this will ensure it will last for a long time.

Nov 22, 2009 | Sony XM-222 Car Audio Amplifier

2 Answers

I need to find output transistors for a Rockford amp

Call rockfor fosgate and ask if they sell component parts to public, if not, ask who the their component manufacturer is, maybe you can get it directly from them.

Sep 03, 2009 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P5002 Car Audio...

3 Answers

I have an amplifier which keeps blowing fuses, I tested all of the transistors with a multimeter and 2 which are next to each other are reading 0. I don't know what to replace them with. My amplifier is an...

It sounds like the main power transistors may be bad. Common with big amplifiers. The transistors can be better tested out of the circut. Sometimes only a few are the ones causing the fault. They may not all be bad. It is always recomended to replace a transistor with the same part. If the correct part is not avalible you can usually substitute it with one of similar specifications. Replacements can be better or worse, usually no noticable difference is present. Also there are usually very low ohm resistors that may be damaged usually connected near the transistor. It takes a very sensitive meter to check them so I replace them too while I have it apart and to ensure correct operation. C2559 is the part you have. It does not cross to any radio shack (Archer) numbers... It does cross to other # avalible online at

Aug 04, 2009 | Jl Audio 500/1 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

My amp earthquake ph d2 output mosfet number...rfp 40n10

Hello luistecnico2,

Those cross-reference OK. Go to and do a search on both numbers. You'll find that one of them was manufactured by STMicroelectronics and is currently obsolete. The other is manufactured by Fairchild Semiconductor and is available at a cheaper price than the original.

Hope this helps.

Jun 20, 2009 | Earthquake Sound PH-D2 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Amp in protect mode how to fix

good in mode 2 protects from damaging unit u probaly have output wires touchin or inpt wires touching or shorted speaker if does not fix problem diconnect car batt 4 2min this resets pwm circut if no fix u probbaly have shorted opt transitors not expense 2 repair 4parts go2 nte tran 2/3$ apice probally need 2 4 good luck

Apr 08, 2009 | Car Amplifiers

1 Answer

Transistor as an oscillator

I hope this helps

Dec 17, 2008 | Alesis Philtre Hi-Pass / band-pass...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Rockford Fosgate Punch P4002 Car Audio Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:

391 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Rockford Fosgate Car Amplifiers Experts

Pablo Gonzalez

Level 3 Expert

733 Answers

Tygh Duval
Tygh Duval

Level 2 Expert

290 Answers

Robert Rankin

Level 2 Expert

338 Answers

Are you a Rockford Fosgate Car Amplifier Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides