- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.Turn the television set on by pressing the "Power" button on the set.
2. Find the "Code Search" button on the Philips Magnavox remote. This
button will be labeled or will be a different color than the other
buttons on the remote (depending on which Philips Magnavox remote you
3. Hold the "Code Search" button down for about ten straight seconds. The
light on the Philips Magnavox remote should then stay on.
4. Starting pressing either the "Up" or "Down" channel button on the
Philips Magnavox remote. Continue pressing the same button until the
television responds to the remote. It could take a few minutes for the
channel to change so you'll need to have patience when searching for the
remote code in this manner.
5. Press the power button on the Philips Magnavox remote once the channel
has changes. If the device shuts off, press the power button again to
turn the TV back on. If the TV turns on, the remote has been programmed
correctly. Repeat the entire process if your remote is not programmed.
have you programmed the remote? or you can go into the menu button on the front of the tv, use the up down (either the volume or channel may move the selection) to locate the caption on/off control and turn it off that way. if you need the manual try here
is the user's manual for a Phillips remote control. There is a list of
codes in it. They should be rather universal. There's also instructions
as to how to program it. I believe that there is a way to program it
without using the codes.
Programming with Code Search
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold Code Search button until the red indicator stays on. Release the Code Search button.
3. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blink, then stays lit.
Press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the
device could be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks,
then stays lit. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press
the Channel Down button to backtrack through the library until the
device changes channel. Pressing Channel Up changes direction to
forward again. Press and release the Mute button to install the code.
hey i tried this and it worked. hold code search till the light stays lit(it may take a couple of secs ) then after its lit press tv and then keep pressing channel up or down till the channel on your tv changes when does press mute to save the code. also the power button will work to during code search , but i use channel because if you accidentally skip your code you can go back the other way. you might need to take out the batteries then re-insert to reset any previous codes. hope this works for you guys as well.