An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: M1522 Locks Up Periodically
There are many threads on the 'net about this issue. Many people find that even after updating the firmware they still have the problem. HP has issues a service bulletin on this model which means if it's not over 2 years old or so you can get the machine replaced or repaired by them or one of their service centres at no change.
However, if your unit is too old you can remove the left side (screw and hook at back and one hook on the bottom), remove the "formatter" (main) board, preheat an oven to 375F, remove all the stickers and tape from the board and bake it for 10 minutes. Some people recommend removing the battery that is soldered on the board before baking but others say you don't have to. I personally would recommend removing it. Make sure you put it back on the in the correct polarity. I've heard from various sites that there is a 90% success rate of solving this problem using this method. Let the board cool well after removing it from the oven.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To solve this problem you need a Cleaning Solution.
I suggest you to buy the Pristine Fluid for HP on eBay
When you'll have the fluid do this!
1. Open the printer cover
2. Remove all the ink cartridges
3. Pull the lever that locks the printhead
4. Remove the printhead
5. Take the printhead vertically with the nozzles upwards
6. place some mls of the cleaning solution directly on the nozzles
this will completely unlock the nozzles
7. Gently clean the printhead and reinsert it into the printer
8. Take brand new ink cartridges (or old ones, but only if they have 50% of ink in them)
9. pull it back the lever to lock the printhead
10. reinsert the cartridges
11. Power on the printer
12. the printer will do a double cleaning cycle and make it ready to print!
Check voltage between 1 & 12 connector J32 on formatter should be 5V, if no replace DC controller(engine controller PCA),P.No RM 4932-000cn(120V), RM4936-000cn(220V).If voltage is good replace Formatter..P.No.CC396-60001
well there might be several things going on. Try to take out the fuser in the back, there are 2 blue locks. Wait a few minutes put it back and turn it on. If that doesn't work try an nvram (its a cold reset) Turn it off and press the ''enter'' and the '' * '' (where the numbers are) while holding down both keys turn it on and keep holding them until you get the message permanent storage init and then release wait to see if it get back to ready. You can also try to take all the supplies if possible if not at least the drum and reboot. Good luck
it could be a power failure on the formatter board
Try doing a hard or reset or nvram: 1. Turn the printer off 2. Hold down the down arrow and the cancel button 3. Reboot the printer while holding the buttons and hold until permanent storage is displayed. Let go of the buttons and wait for the ready message on the display.
if this does not work contact hp, 1800-334-5144. If within 2 years from the purchase date ask for a case number to have the printer serviced under a service note.
Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also clears the
fax header name, phone number, speed dials, and any stored faxes in the product memory.
CAUTION: This procedure also clears all fax numbers and names that are associated with one-touch
keys and speed-dial codes, and deletes any pages that are stored in the memory. The procedure then
automatically restarts the product.
1. On the product control panel, press Setup.
2. Use the arrows buttons to select Service, and then press OK.
3. Use the arrows buttons to select Restore defaults, and then press OK.
The product automatically restarts.
1. Turn the printer off 2. Hold down the down arrow and the cancel button 3. Reboot the printer while holding the buttons and hold until permanent storage is displayed. Let go of the buttons and wait for the ready message on the display.