34 Incorrect Media
message appears if the printer has detected a mismatch between the type of media requested by the user and the type of media actually loaded in the paper tray.
To attempt a resolution for this issue, please do the following:
- Press the green GO button on the printer operator panel. Printing will resume, but the printer must go through a POR (Power On Reset) in order to clear the message.
NOTE: The printer does not automatically reprint the page that generated the error message.
- Verify that the media you are using is supported by your printer in terms of size, weight, and input source.
- Using the printer operator panel, verify that the type of media loaded in the paper tray matches the Paper Type setting in the Paper Menu. Detailed instructions for navigating through the printer menus and changing the media type setting are provided in the C510 User's Guide.
- If the media type setting is incorrect and cannot be changed, there may be an issue with the media type sensor. Proceed to step 5.
- Using the printer's operator panel, verify that the paper loaded in the paper tray is the size listed under Paper Size in the Paper Menu. Detailed instructions for navigating through the printer menus and changing the paper size setting are provided in the C510 User's Guide.
- If the paper size changes to an incorrect setting or cannot be changed, it is likely that the paper size guides in either the 250-sheet or the 530-sheet paper tray are not set correctly. Remove the media from the tray and verify the location of the media guides.
- Power the printer off and then back on again.
- Resend the print job to the printer.
- If the error persists, you will need to contact Lexmark Technical Support for assistance. Please obtain the printer serial number before contacting Lexmark. If possible, call from near the printer as this will allow for the most accurate possible diagnosis.
Hope this will help you please let me know if it worked and don't forget to vote..