- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
At the base unit press the MEMO button, then press one of the mailbox buttons(MAILBOX 1, MAILBOX 2, or MAILBOX 3) begin recording into the MIC at a adistance of 8 inches after the long beep. Press the MEMO button to end and save the recording. If a caller leaves a message without choosing a mailbox, the message will be recorded in mailbox 1. Here is a link to download the manual. http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG2770S.PDF
the general mailbox can be any mailbox from 100-998... or if you have 4 digit extension numbers, 1000-9998...or it can be one of a couple hundred other greetings if you are talking about custom service menus instead of a mailbox (all this is best determined by your local panasonic dealer/serviceman)
once you know which mailbox is your general mailbox: 1) call the voicemail 2) press "#6*" + the mailbox number 3) enter password then "#" 4) press options "3" then "1" then "1" 5) record your greeting then press "1" to stop the recording then "2" to save it 6) hang up
The best thing to do at this point is to reset the admin. password. To reset the administrator pasword enter feature 985 press 9, at the password prompt enter 73738767793 (resetsmpwsd) and press ok or #,press yes to reset password. password should be defaulted to 0000. then try Feature 983. if your system has 2 digit intercom #s your password is 120000.
To reset your voice mail password, press feature 983 the screen should say log: enter 120000 (default password) the display should say mbox, AA, and othr above the three soft keys press the mbox soft key the screen should say add, del, and chng above the soft keys press the chng soft key enter in the mailbox number you wish to reset the password on press ok the screen should say reset and next above the soft keys press the reset soft key press the Rls key your password should be reset to 0000
You don't "lose" the manual, it comes on a CD. The Panasonic system probably has a TVA voice mail system and it requires you to change the Auto Attendant greeting from the message manager's mailbox. If you don't have the passwords for mailbox 998 and 999, you need to contact someone who has them and a layout of the system.
Your Panasonic technician can guide you through the process.
Depending on the type of voicemail you have, you''ll have to login to the admin mailbox. That's done by pressing your voicemail key or intercom 777. If you have a Partnermail VS the admin mailbox is 99 with the default password of 1234. If you mave a Partner Messaging System the admin mailbox is 0 with a default password of 1234 or 123456. Once your into the admin mailbox press 9 for admin programming. ,(depending on version) press either 2 or 4 administer extensions, enter the mailbox number of the box you want to reset, press 3 to re initalize the password, hang up when done. Your password will be the defaulted to1234.
How to Change a Mailbox Password (Administrator Only)
1. To access the voice mail system press "Feature". 2. Press "983". 3. When you see "Log:" enter "120000" for 2 digit extension numbers, enter "1020000" for 3 digit extension numbers. 4. Press "OK". 5. Press "MBOX". 6. Press "CHNG". 7. Enter the mailbox number (same as extension number) you wish to reset. 8. Press "Reset" softkey. 9. Press "Rls" to exit (orange button to the right of the number buttons).
The Default password is "0000".
How to Change a Mailbox Password
1. To access the voice mail system press Feature. 2. Press 9 8 3. 3. When you see Log: enter ~ SETNNA (738662) and press OK
4. Pswd: CONFIG (266344) 5. Press "MBOX". 6. Press "CHNG". 7. Enter the mailbox number you wish to reset. 8. Press "Reset". 9. Press "Rls" to exit (orange button to the right of the number buttons).
Default password is "0000".