OUR GPS WHEN TURNED ON WILL ONLY LOAD 3/4 THE WAY AND THEN TURN OFF... I WANT TO OPEN THE BACK AND REPLACE THE RECHARABLE BATTERY BUT HAVING PROBLEMS DOING SO CAN RECHARABLE BATTERIES GO BAD AND SHOULD I TRY AND REPLACE IT? OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I CAN TRY..
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
Hold down reset button for 3 secs. then hold down power button while holding reset button until the boot menu comes on the reboot or pick update os. note: u must 1st use reset button to choose the options the the power button...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A GPS will help find the shortest and fastest routes to a particular destination. When the maps are out of date, the GPS may not be able to find the best route. A GPS should be updated at least once per year. Some GPS manufacturers will allow the user to download free updated maps; however, many manufacturers require the user to purchase updated maps. Updating a GPS map isn't complicated, and will take about 2 hours to install.
1.Turn on the GPS and plug the USB cable into the USB slot located on the GPS. 2.Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB slot on the computer. 3.Insert the map update DVD into the computer. If you have a map download, locate and open the file on the computer. 4.Click on Update Firmware located on the main menu. Click "OK" when the firmware is finished updating. 5.Unplug the USB from the computer and turn off the GPS. This will allow the firmware to reset on the GPS. Turn the GPS back on and select the language and time. 6.Reconnect the USB to the computer and click on "Update Map," then click on "Load Maps." 7.Connect to the Internet by clicking on the activation link. This will display the activation number. Find the serial number located on the back of the DVD. If you downloaded the update, a serial number was provided. Enter the serial number and activation code into the update program to continue updating. 8.Close the program after it has completed the update, and unplug the USB from the computer and the GPS. Turn off the GPS to finish the update.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB. 2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 " 3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults). 4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you). 2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds. 3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left. 2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position. 3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
first I would try to load the current firmware from garmins website. if that doesnt work then try a master reset by holding the bottom right corner of the screen, holding that and turning it on. it will however erase all user data.
pull the surround off the front of the front of the gps. there should be a button under the plastic or look on the back and there should be a reset button that you can stick a pinhead into. if that doesnt work then your gps doesnt work and you need to replace.