I have my coby MP 600 MP3 player, but one day i make a scan and after when i start it i can not acces with anything, it posts a message error: file system error. please help me to solve this problem.
It sounds like the Coby operating system is corrupted.
I'm going to recommend you try the following procedure with one catch; I'm assuming you can turn the unit on and at least get a menu. If not this procedure isn't going to work.
NOTE: The following procedure will erase everything on your Coby so be aware!
Essentially, we're going to reformat the unit using Coby's own format routine.
1. Power Unit On
2. Scroll through your main menu going to your right. From "Music" ---> to "Settings"
3. Under "Settings" you will have another menu. Look at the bottom choice called "Sys Tools"
4. Select "Sys Tools" and you will have a series of options, choose the second option "Format"
5. Select "Format" and follow the prompts
6. Wait for the routine to complete
7. Power unit down
8. Power unit back up and reconnect to PC
9. Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to see if the unit is recognized, and it should be at this point.
10. You should be set
For some reason, the operating system for the Coby gets corrupted and this is the only way I know to fix it short of sending the unit in for repair, which isn't an option really. (Cheaper to buy a new one)
Hope this helps you or anyone else that has unexplainable problems connecting to the Coby MP-610 / MP-620.
Oct 19, 2010 |
Coby MP-610 MP3 Player