Question about RCA DRC8335
The unit just says hello and when you press the power button to reset it it will display the time and then shut off and then you press any buttons it goes back the hello display
This problem is normally caused by a dvd player with a dirty lens that it cannot read or detect a dvd in the player. At the same time if this is a dvd/vcr combo a vcr that will not load or is stuck can cause the problem. These can be checked by taking the screws off the unit and taking a look at the position of the dvd laser lens or the vcr position to see if it is in the fully eject position. The part that holds the laser lens to read the dvds can be moved manually back and forth to dislodge it from a stuck position with the power off. Depending on how long it sat around it could just be stuck. You see when you first turn the power on to the unit initially or try to eject a dvd, it will cycle through and try to read a dvd even though there is not one there on power up. If that assembly that moves the lens to read the dvd cannot move, it will cycle off and turn itself off even though you try to reset it with the power button.
A transistor on the power supply can also cause this problem but without taking signal and voltage measurements it would be difficult to pinpoint the exact one. So try moving the laser lens assembly manually and then turn it back on. Let me know. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2011 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
Jul 29, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
2 Press the CLOCK button 3 square cloumms will blink
in the display
3 Set to 13:15 by pressing the DOWN/UP
(When the button is kept pressed, the minute/
hour indication changes continuously.)
4 Press the SET button; the time will light in
To set to the nearest second...
Press the SET button when you hear the time
signal from a TV or radio
To confirm the time while listening to a CD
or radio broadcast
Press the DISPLAY button briefly on the
remote control unit. Press it again to return to
the previous display
If memory back-up batteries are exhausted
or not installed, and the power cord is plugged
in again after being disconnected, or power is
restored after a power failure, "CLOCK" will
blink in the display. Set the current time again.
Jul 04, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
1. Turn the power off, wait until the power indicator turns off blinking red, then unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and confirm that the area around the lamp unit has cool down.
2. Remove the front cover procedure. Place your finger tips under the cover and pull it from the projection display.
3. Before loosening the lamp cover screw, first read the caution and warning labels in the lamp cover. Then loosen the lamp cover screw by using a screwdriver.
4. Loosen the lamp unit screw with a screwdriver. Then grasp the lamp unit, Figure 2, by the lamp unit handle and slowly remove it from the projection display.
5. Insert the new unit being careful being careful of the insertion direction. Press in the arrow mark making sure insertion is done correctly.
6. Replace the lamp unit and cover screw. Tighten the unit cover screw with a screw driver.
a. Properly dispose of the old lamp. Please see the operating instruction of the projection display unit.
b. NOTE: attached the lamp unit and lamp unit housing door securely. If the lamp unit and the lamp unit housing are not attached securely, the protective circuit will be activated and the lamp will not turn on.
7. Replace the front cover.
The second step, after lamp replacement is to follow the three steps procedure described below:
Warning: Perform lamp time reset only when the lamp has been replaced.
In order to complete the lamp time reset procedures:
1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet. Then, press the POWER button the projection display or the remote control to turn the unit on.
2. While pressing the VOL - button, hold down the PIP or the SPLIT button on the remote control at the same time for more the 5 seconds.
3. When the reset procedure is complete, the projection display screen will show the following message "Lamp time was reset to 0."
1. The writing in the screen may be different from the actual screen described above.
2. When lamp time reset is finished, the lamp indicator goes out.
Feb 23, 2011 | Panasonic PT-50LCZ70 50" HDTV
Jan 31, 2011 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Jan 23, 2011 | Panasonic DMR-EZ48 DVD Recorder
Press the "POWER" button (or the POWER OFF ( I )
button on the remote control) so that a picture is
projected onto the screen.
Press the "MENU" button to display the MENU screen,
and then press the and buttons to move the
cursor to select "OPTION2".
Press the "ENTER" button to display the "OPTION2"
screen, and select "SYSTEM INFORMATION" with the
Press the "ENTER" button.
The SYSTEM INFORMATION screen will be displayed.
Press and hold the "ENTER" button on the projector or
the remote control for approximately 3 seconds.
An item "LAMP TIME RESET" will be added.
Press the ENTER button, and when the "LAMP TIME
RESET" display flashes, press the ENTER button again.
The used hours of the lamp unit will be reset to zero.
Jan 14, 2011 | Panasonic PT-D3500U Multimedia Projector
Jun 05, 2010 | Sharp AF-S120FX Air Conditioner
May 13, 2008 | Samsung HT-X40 System
Aug 21, 2006 | Aiwa AV-D57 Receiver
Jun 26, 2014 | RCA DRC8335
Jan 16, 2014 | RCA DRC8335
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: