I was playing GH on my friends ps3 he and I both have the same controller. When I went home i realized i had his wireless connector and now my controller will not work. Is there any way of reprogamming the connector to the controller?
Just connect the USB wire you got with the controller to charge it then try turn it on then if you want to use it wireless just take it out and if the controller is charged then it should connect wirelessy fine. If you need any more help e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org as im am running free PS3 help so tell ur friends if they got problems too!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok time to call you all idiots and ask the most basic question, did you buy this used? If so did you get the wireless receiver dongle with it? All GH or rock band guitars require a USB receiver dongle.
The flashing lights on the controller mean the guitar is not connecting to the wireless usb dongle connected to the PS3.
1. Verify that the wireless box is plugged in firmly to the usb port on the front of the PS3.
2. If that doesn't work, look on the wireless usb dongle for the guitar hero guitar controller. (It should be a black box with the guitar hero logo on it. You will find a small push button on the dongle. (Make sure your PS3 is turned on, though your guitar hero game does not have to be open. It may be a good idea to have the game running, so you can test your guitar or make sure it is really working). Press and hold the button on the wireless usb dongle for a few seconds. Five seconds should be enough. Doing this attempts to re-connect the dongle and the controller. You will know when the connection is good when the red lights on the controller go steady, as well as the LED on the small button you pressed on the wireless usb dongle. If either lights continue to blink, there is a connection problem still.
3. Try changing the batteries in the guitar controller. Weak batteries tend to cause connection issues.
4. Test the wireless usb dongle and controller with another PS3. This will rule out an issue with your PS3 system.
5. If the problem still occurs on another PS3, the wireless dongle may have gone bad. (This does happen rarely.) Replacements are cheap to find on ebay
Same way would would with the other PS3 verisons. But the guitar it self has to be Wireless or have the adapter to play it off the unit USB. The adapter is made to be for previous verisons of the Playstation who didnt have the wireless controllers. If you are wanting to play the PS2 verison of this game on your PS3, you will need to get the adapter, or the PS3 wireless guitar.
Two Poss, Problems
Guitar will not link to receiver.
To link the guitar and the receiver, please press the link button on the guitar to power it on, press the link button on the guitar again in conjunction with the link button on the receiver to activate the link between the receiver and the guitar. Lastly, once linked, press the link button on the guitar for a third time to lock in the controller/player assignment.
My FrontMan for PlayStation 3 is powered on and synced to the receiver, but I get no response from any of the buttons.
The latest firmware update of the PlayStation 3 (Version 3.10) is not compatible with the FrontMan for PS3. We are currently researching any possible solutions to fix this problem.
It seems that the recent PS3 Firmware update (2.80) reassigns your controllers. In order to fix this (I just did it 20 minutes ago and all is fine) is: Go to the XMB "Settings" Menu. Open "Accessory Settings" Using the controller you want to reassign, open "Reassign Controllers" Scroll to the number you want that controller to be (1,2,3 or 4) You are good to go!
Thanks to the Phone Help at Activision for this fix!