Question about Ovens

1 Answer

Is paint inside microwave ovens safe?

As our young but expensive microwave has packed in, we have thought to replace it with a cheaper, throwaway one. We see that 'painted inside' appears as part of the description on many models and wonder if this can be a health hazzard, particularly in regard to allergies. We are thinking of purchasing the Sharp R26STM Solo Microwave Oven.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 15,935 Answers

Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.

Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question

Posted on Aug 17, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The microwave door switch broke and we are unable to open it. The inside plate continued to move very slowly around until we located and turned off the fuse. What should we do?


Honestly? Microwaves are not tremendously expensive, and they are dangerous if repaired improperly. You can get a service person to look at it, but I wouldn't unless they offered free estimates. If they can do it inexpensively, go that route. Otherwise replace the microwave. This is not a project for DIY if you have no experience in this area.

Sep 20, 2015 | GE JKP27 Electric Double Oven

1 Answer

Replace outside glass


You have an expensive Monogram microwave so you can expect the parts to be expensive also. The outer glass assembly by itself ballpark cost is about $160 and requires a complete dis-assembly of the door to replace since the screws are all inside. Then if you go by the book--- the door should be checked for microwave leakage after the repair which requires a special test meter. They also sell a complete door assembly at around $300 that comes completely assembled. You need to compare that cost against the age of your microwave and possibly a new unit which I think is still available. Either way its not a cheap fix.

Apr 11, 2015 | GE ZSC2001FSS Advantium Electric Single...

1 Answer

Glass top on my Kenmore oven shattered- is t repairabe


Probably cheaper to replace whole oven try insurance if u have its an accident so insurance may pay if u have.

Oct 16, 2014 | Kenmore Ovens

1 Answer

JTP85 microwave shuts completely off with a blank readout.


Your magnetron is overheating, and its attached thermostat is doing its job to protect the magnetron by shutting off the power to the oven until it cools back down to a safe temperature.

An overheating magnetron can be due to:


  • operating oven without cover(s) in place
  • wrong magnetron installed in oven
  • an old or otherwise failing magnetron
  • cracked magnetron magnet
  • improper power line voltage (should be 110-125VAC)
  • foods low in moisture (popcorn & bacon, e.g. - add 1/2 cup of water in rear oven when cooking such foods)
  • failed or inoperable cooling fan or hood vent exhaust fan
  • deteriorating foam weatherstripping seals in air ducts or on outside cover
  • blocked air vents (dust, animal nest debris, insufficient free air space behind & around oven, etc.)
  • clogged or greasy charcoal filter or grease filter
  • blocked duct in hood vent exhaust

There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, and it is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.

dee77f7.jpgAt our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

Accessing some parts may require you to pull the oven from the wall and remove the cover.

If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.


You can download GE owner's manuals and installation instructions here.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Aug 21, 2012 | GE JTP85 Electric Double Oven

2 Answers

Our microwave is approx. 9 years old and has started to shut off after 6 seconds. It is a Panasonci Inverter (Lost book) Type S333 (F04114182CP) Is this repairable.


1) power to display- main fuse good
2) no power to magnetron- check all realated thermal switches hidden behind control panel. Remove top grill to find two hidden screws.

May 30, 2011 | Ovens

1 Answer

Is there a fuse or re set button on my neff combo micro wave, ive just cleaned it and now have no power to it, i have checked the fuse


ISOLATE THE MICROWAVE DO NOT OPEN AS YOU CAN RECEIVE A SHOCK FROM THE INTERNAL CIRCUITS.
Check the mains fuse in the plug, remove fuse and put into a working appliance, if it works. Buy a new microwave, as the internal circuit has a fault, and depending on model, the cost of repair is usually very expensive. Unless you have an appliance insurance. leave repairs of this type of appliance to the proffs.
Check the door is closing properly, as a switch is activated by the colsure of the door, some cheaper microwaves use plastic and this can fracture, causing the microwave to not work. The front display should light up regardless of the switch position. The fuse inside can be 10 to 15amp slow blow, if this is the case, scrap the appliance as it requires specialised equipment to fault find and carefull handeling discharging capacitors and so on. A reasonable level of knowledge of electronics is required. hope this is of assistance.
Johnf1

May 17, 2011 | Ovens

1 Answer

All funtions on oven r working ie lights fan and grill but wen on oven setting it will not get hot please help


Have you had any problems with your electricity "tripping" when the oven is in use? If so I would suggest that the oven element needs replacing or on rare occasions the emergency thermostat is faulty.
The oven element is generally found under a metal plate in the bottom of the oven( inside) and its terminals are found by taking the back off the oven.

The emergency thermostat is located in the rear of the oven and looks like an over sized watch battery on an oval mounting plate.

Neither of the parts is overly expensive and far cheaper than a new oven.

Hope this helps.

Mar 04, 2011 | Zanussi Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave oven cuts out after pie inside catches fire.


When you mention the fuse, if you mean the one inside the microwave, then your magnetron is probably damaged and you should just get a new microwave.

If you're talking about the fuse in the electrical fusebox, then you could try opening the case of the microwave and finding the fuse inside. If you aren't familiar with working on HIGH VOLTAGE, then don't do this, take it to a service tech. But if it's out of warrenty and you are experience with working safely, you can look for a fuse inside the unit. As I said above, though if you do change it and the oven still won't work, your tube is probably dead and it's not worth the money to get a replacement part.

But again, I'll stress that the microwave has a HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY inside, and if you aren't familiar with working on things like this then just take it to an appliance repair store.

Feb 16, 2010 | AEG Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

64 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8147 Answers

Mike Cairns
Mike Cairns

Level 3 Expert

3053 Answers

Are you an Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...