Question about Compaq Evo D300 PC Desktop

3 Answers

Local disk space problem

I want to create more space by shifting from C: to E: as my local disk C: is full.. please advise

Posted by on


3 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,031 Answers

Go through as many files as you can and delete what you don't need. Go into control panel and go to add and remove programs. Delete what you don't need. Also, go into your C Drive and do a disk clean up. (Right click on the C Drive and click on properties) It should help :) If you have vista, go to Start--Right click on computer--Click on management--Right click drive c--pick shrink--pick the amount you want to shrink(in KB)--Than right click disk D--pick expand and pick the amount you just took from C. Voila. If you have XP than download a program called partition magic and do the same steps as above this will extend or increase the partition size on drive c .hope this helps

Posted on Jan 15, 2009

  • Starnley Johnwells
    Starnley Johnwells Jan 15, 2009

    ill appreciate a fixyaa rating


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,226 Answers


Your files can be transfer to the e: but not the system files like Windows folder, Program files. The files save/stored in documents and other folder in which does not affect your syremfiles and program files can be transferred also.


Posted on Jan 15, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Expert
  • 82 Answers

Delete or add remove program that are installed on ur c: & when u reinstall them mention the path as e:..................this will help u.........................Sameeraryan

Posted on Jan 15, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need to create space on local disk .I have a memory chip on my tablet but can't transfer any data to make space for updates

Just look at the files on your local disk and delete any that you can delete. For example old pictures, video files that you no longer need. If you want them you can transfer them to a flash drive.

Dec 15, 2016 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I ca not perform the delete deleted items action , not enough space in local disk?

Find some other files to delete or move onto a flash drive to make some room. Make sure your recycle bin is empty.

Jan 11, 2014 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...

1 Answer

Is it possible to partion System drive.?

If your C drive take up all the 250GB, and the used data is not up to 250 GB( I means there are some free space on your c drive) you could use other partition software to release some free space ( resize partition) then create new partition, with the help of partition software, it could apply the operation without re install OS.

Oct 23, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Full...

1 Answer

I have a 250 GB my passport external Hard drive. I used XCopy to backup some of my data. After several hours, it gave me an error that the disk is full and it cannot copy, and aborted the task. I had 165GB...

open the Drive and go to Tools--->Options and Click on 'Show Hidden Files'
Click on 'Apply' and the 'OK'
Now look for the files.
Also i feel that the disk is infected. So please scan the disk through a antivirus software.

Aug 01, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...

1 Answer

I tried this method as you told , when i deletes the F drive from Disk management , it shows an unpartitioned/ unused disk space. i want to merge these two drives due insufficient disk space , can i use a...

1.Open Computer Management (Local)
click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
OR - right click My Computer and choose MANAGE

2.In the console tree, click Disk Management.
Computer Management (Local) > Storage > Disk Management

3.Right-click the unallocated space on one of the dynamic disks where you want to create the spanned volume, and then click New Volume.

4.In the New Volume wizard, click Next, click Spanned, and then follow the instructions on your screen.


You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

You can create spanned volumes on dynamic disks only. - if one or more of the disks is listed as BASIC on the left hand pane, click the drive you need to make dynamic, right click and choose convert to dynamic.

You need at least two dynamic disks to create a spanned volume.

You can extend a spanned volume onto a maximum of 32 dynamic disks.

Spanned volumes cannot be mirrored or striped.

Spanned volumes are not fault tolerant - if one drive fails, the data on all the spanned volumes is basically lost.

Mar 25, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...

1 Answer

Can any body help in suggesting how do i detect 500Gb SATA Hard Disk on a Windows 2000 Platform, when i connect it shows only 131GB Capacity HDD please advise and give me solutions

If this is a newer computer, your disk may not be partitioned properly / fully. You can check this by going to the system's storage management appliction like this:

  1. Start the MMC (Start - Run - MMC)
  2. Select "Add/Remove Snap-in" from the Console menu
  3. Click Add
  4. Select Disk Management and click Add
  5. Select Local Computer and click Finish
  6. Click Close
  7. Click OK to the main dialog
  8. Locate the disk in question
  9. Make sure the partition(s) span the entire disk
If the entire disk isn't being used by a single partition, you have two choises:

1. Add a new partition for the unused disk space
2a. Backup al data on the disk, and delete the partition
2b. create a new partition to span the entire disk, and then right-click and format it.

If the entire disk isn't being reported, you may need to update the motherboard bios.

Nov 03, 2009 | Intel Computers & Internet

3 Answers

I havent been able to download anything on my pc for a few weeks now, i have tried absolutely everything, i cant even download attachments on my email, please help

u've to delete a (index.dat) file.
in Vista


in XP
u've to go this link and remove each index.dat file.

Sep 18, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

1 Answer

After the installation of Windows 2003 Server Enteprise Edition, the full capacity of my hard disks is not visible. What do I do to see the total capacity of my disks

this happens when you forget to allocate all the space to partition on your drive, now what you can do is
start > run > type in without quotes "compmgmt.msc" > ok > Disk management > see on the right hand side if all the space is allocated to the partitions
if there is free space available you can right click on the free space and create a new partition.

Further Queries are welcome
please do rate me if you find my solution helpfull

Feb 23, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server

1 Answer

Lack of memory space

You can adjust the size of the partitions with:

EASEUS Partition Manager (free)

Jan 15, 2009 | Compaq Evo D300 PC Desktop

1 Answer

How to Create A Receovery disk For my HP computer

If you need a program for back up i will post one professional???

Do you????

Oct 15, 2007 | Computers & Internet

Not finding what you are looking for?
Compaq Evo D300 PC Desktop Logo

Related Topics:

299 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Compaq Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18415 Answers

Alun Cox

Level 3 Expert

2678 Answers

Abhinandan  Patil
Abhinandan Patil

Level 3 Expert

568 Answers

Are you a Compaq Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides