Question about Tivo (TCD540040375) 375-Hours Video Recorder
Tivo remote (auto search option for codes) was able to match my Vizio 40-P telivision. However, the input button on the tivo remote....just doesn't seem to find the code, and have looked everywhere. Would like to program input code on tivo remote, to work the Vizio input change option. Thank you.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: TIVO DVR : Won't Change Channels
Set up your infrared blasters connected from your IR port on the Tivo and by placing the two lead lights in front of your cable box so it (the cable box) can read the signal. Then go to Channel settings accessed through Tivo Central and follow the questions. It will ask you to change channels until the remote is working correctly. This all worked on a different "input" on my Mitsubishi TV (it has multiple inputs. I have the cable input on a different "input" to make it work. Hope this helps. Call TIVO tech assistance because they are the ones who talked me through this.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2014 | Televison & Video
on Apr 02, 2010 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Mar 10, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jun 11, 2009 | Tivo Series 2 Remote Control
Mar 15, 2009 | Humax DRT400 TiVo 40-Hours Video Recorder
Dec 20, 2008 | Philips DSR708R DirecTV / TiVo DTV...
Nov 22, 2008 | Vizio L37 Television
Dec 09, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Nov 05, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Jul 17, 2017 | Tivo Televison & Video
776 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: