Question about Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS Receiver
Everything says data is transferring and watch says data transfer was successful but computer states data transfer was unsuccessful right at the end of the data transfer. No data is transferred to the computer and no error messages appear.
I just got off the phone with garmin tech. She helped me solve the problem. Here are the steps.
1. Go to http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00466-00
2. Download "Forerunner 205 Ver. 2.80 as of Nov 12, 2007", unzip it, and browse to the folder you unzip the files to.
3. Make sure your Forerunner is connected to your computer and turn it on. Drag file "048401000280.rgn" and drop it on "Updater.exe". A screen will pop up, select "USB" then click OK. Then wait till the process completes.
4. Go to the website on Step 1 and download "Training Center For Windows Ver. 3.3.4 as of Feb 29, 2008". Install it.
5. Run Training Center. At this point, I am able to send/receive data to my Forerunner.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
For Pc users:
Go to Garmin website Updates & Downloads, Training Centre for Windows software version 3.4.1, click on download.
I previously deleted all saved couses on Training Centre, but don't know if this is relevant.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
There are two steps for the firmware update - two bad Garmin doesn't warn people upfront.
The first update is preparing for the ANT stick - it takes about two minutes.
The second step is the core of the firmware(software per Garmin) update which takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how busy the Garmin Connect site is.
Since you already got through and got the "unsuccessful" message, I assume you already know how to start the update properly.
To finish it - Make sure you do not interrupt the process, just let it run through the 2 steps mentioned above. And be patient - the 2nd step follows the 1st step automatically. Don't touch the bezel and change screen during the update, just leave it alone. It took me a few times to get it done successfully because after the 1st step finished, I started to flipping screens to find out if it get updated to ver 2.50, before I found out there would be step 2 coming automatically.
If you see the process bar moving after the 2nd step and see "software loading" you are in for good.
Hope this may help.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2011 | Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS...
Jan 06, 2011 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CS GPS Receiver
Nov 08, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
May 29, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Jan 16, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Jan 12, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
Oct 05, 2008 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
May 14, 2008 | GPS Devices
Jan 06, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot c550 GPS Receiver
Dec 23, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
1,417 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: