Question about Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS Receiver
Everything says data is transferring and watch says data transfer was successful but computer states data transfer was unsuccessful right at the end of the data transfer. No data is transferred to the computer and no error messages appear.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just got off the phone with garmin tech. She helped me solve the problem. Here are the steps.
1. Go to http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00466-00
2. Download "Forerunner 205 Ver. 2.80 as of Nov 12, 2007", unzip it, and browse to the folder you unzip the files to.
3. Make sure your Forerunner is connected to your computer and turn it on. Drag file "048401000280.rgn" and drop it on "Updater.exe". A screen will pop up, select "USB" then click OK. Then wait till the process completes.
4. Go to the website on Step 1 and download "Training Center For Windows Ver. 3.3.4 as of Feb 29, 2008". Install it.
5. Run Training Center. At this point, I am able to send/receive data to my Forerunner.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
For Pc users:
Go to Garmin website Updates & Downloads, Training Centre for Windows software version 3.4.1, click on download.
I previously deleted all saved couses on Training Centre, but don't know if this is relevant.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
There are two steps for the firmware update - two bad Garmin doesn't warn people upfront.
The first update is preparing for the ANT stick - it takes about two minutes.
The second step is the core of the firmware(software per Garmin) update which takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how busy the Garmin Connect site is.
Since you already got through and got the "unsuccessful" message, I assume you already know how to start the update properly.
To finish it - Make sure you do not interrupt the process, just let it run through the 2 steps mentioned above. And be patient - the 2nd step follows the 1st step automatically. Don't touch the bezel and change screen during the update, just leave it alone. It took me a few times to get it done successfully because after the 1st step finished, I started to flipping screens to find out if it get updated to ver 2.50, before I found out there would be step 2 coming automatically.
If you see the process bar moving after the 2nd step and see "software loading" you are in for good.
Hope this may help.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2011 | Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS...
in any type of situation when data is being transferred and the
connection is prematurely lost there is data lost and or file
the Boss Rc 50 to your computer and backup its entire contents to
your computer if possible.
perform a Hard Reset: While simultaneously holding down the "PLAY
MODE" and "LOOP SYNC" buttons, turn the power on.
Everything should be restored to factory settings.
your backup was successful, then you can transfer desired files (one
at time) to determine if the are usable. If a file causes errors or
malfunction, then most likely it is corrupt.
Hope this helps
Apr 05, 2011 | Boss Rc 50
Transfer belt unit EEPROM error No response is issued from the device in reading/writing for 5 ms or more and this problem is repeated five times successively. Mismatch of reading data from two locations occurs eight times successively.
Mismatch between writing data and reading data occurs eight times successively
1. Poor contact in the connector terminals.
- Check the connection of connector YC28 on the engine PWB and the connector of the transfer belt unit, and the continuity across the connector terminals. Repair or replace if necessary.
2. Defective transfer belt speed PWB (inner transfer belt unit).
- Replace the transfer belt unit.
I hope this is helpful,
Mar 14, 2011 | Kyocera Copystar CS2540 Copier
Dec 18, 2010 | Garmin Forerunner 405 with ANT Stick -...
Jan 17, 2010 | Garmin Forerunner 405 Watch
Jun 25, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS...
Jun 07, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 405 Handheld GPS...
Jan 12, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver
May 14, 2008 | GPS
1,434 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: