In August i replace my garage door opener with a new Craftsman 1/2hp model 139.53930DM (chain drive). The garage opener worked fine until December, now the only way I can close the door is too hold down the button that is mounted in the garage. One thing i have noticed is the light on the opener blinks yellow all the time. I don't remember it doing that when i installed it. There are no obstructions or debris in front of the sensor. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Chamberlain GroupFasten the manual near the garage door after installation. .... This garage door openerhas been designed and tested to offer safe service provided it is installed, ...
If the remote opens and closes while inside the garage but not outside , there are a few things it could be. Assuming it was working fine before..
1. weak battery in remote.
2. remote itself could be bad. (unless you have more than 1 remote acting the same)
3. Logic board in opener is going bad causing limited range.Is the wire that hangs down from the opener straightened out? That is your remote antenna.Some people have coiled or even cut it off..reducing range.
4. Less likely but this can happen- interference from another electronic device, wireless routers, cell phone, new appliances etc.. can reduce remote range. Any new electronics recently purchased?