- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First try running a cycle of "Dishwasher Magic". You can find this at Walmart for around 5 bucks. This will clean and condition the inside of the dishwasher and the inside of the pump and motor. If this doesnt help...and the plastic and/or metal components in the dishwasher seem to look and feel intact..this would lead me to believe there is an issue with the pump and motor. These are sold as 1 unit or as seperate units depending on the model. Changing it is simple if you know how to dissconnect and reconnect a dishwasher. Take into consideration the age of the unit, the cost of the part, and the cost of a total replacement.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
When my wife started complaining about her dishwasher not getting the top rack
clean this is what I found and I wrote a tip about it...
float stuck or bad fill valve,valve screen plugged with sand, water line kinked,remove valve and clean screen.put back on dishwasher make up a test cord and see if it will fill if so hook back up and run dishwasher
cheap trick...take a glass and put it on the top rack...right side up run dishwasher for about 4 mins is the glass full with water,no ok than check your drain hose the water is sphion out during wash,,lift it the height of unit..keep me posted
The following suggestions will greatly enhance the ability of your dishwasher to clean all of the dishes thoroughly:
1. Rinse all of the food off of the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher.
2. Run the hot water into the sink until it is as hot as it gets before you start the dishwasher.
3. Do not pack the dishes into the dishwasher, just put in a reasonable number without crowding or stacking them on either shelf.
4. Pull the top shelf all the way out to be sure that the water connection at the rear of the top shelf is connected. Sometimes, this connector comes disconnected preventing the water from entering the top spray assembly.
THese things should make a huge difference.
Good luck with this and please rate my answer. Thanks. Joe
It sounds like the hose at the rear of the top shelf has come unconnected. Pull the top shelf out when the washer is empty and take a look. If the hose has come apart you should be able to push it back together. Good luck with it.
After some experience with our own fdw60 with the same problem, we now put all pots and pans on the top rack. Putting them on the bottm appears to stop the clean water rinse reaching the top rack. All washes since have been ok.