Question about Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core T2060 1.6 GHz - 15.4in. TFT PC Desktop
Using the Windows DVD maker, the process starts properly and runs for awhile. Then a notice comes up after about 98-99% completion and says "can't make a DVD". Any idea how I can fix that?
I would right click the mouse on my computer select properties, select hardware and then select device manager. Select your dvd device from the list and right click on it select uninstall or remove. Then reboot the computer and it will reinstall itself.
2.) If the above solution doesn't work then try removing and reinstalling your burning software
3.) lastly turn off your Firewall and see if the problem persists. Belive it or not I have seen fire walls cause some weird issues.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2013 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Apr 05, 2012 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Laptop
• Do you have any third party CDDVD burning software?
• Are you able to burn DVD's using windows explorer?
First I would suggest that you try burning using another DVD and check if it works.
Try one or more of the following:
Verify that the DVD burner is connected properly to your computer and powered on, and that any necessary software drivers for the DVD burner are installed. You can check your hardware settings in the Device Manager by doing the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Device Manager.
• Make sure that the videos you're trying to burn are not corrupted. To see whether the videos you want to burn is corrupted, try playing or viewing them using Windows Media Player. If the files don't play using the Player, Windows DVD Maker cannot burn them.
• Choose a slower burning speed for your DVD burner by doing the following:
1. Return to the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, and then click Options.
2. In the DVD burner speed box, select Medium or Slow.
Troubleshoot problems with creating a DVD-Video using Windows DVD Maker
Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings
Check if you are able to burn DVD successfully using Windows Explorer.
Burn a CD or DVD
Check in the event viewer to know the cause of the DVD burning failure and post back with the details.
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer)
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Aug 25, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Oct 22, 2009 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 Notebook
May 21, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Mar 28, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Feb 12, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jun 03, 2008 | Lenovo 3000 C200 Notebook
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: