a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check whether you are running as Black and White or Gray Scale. Many printers only print straight black by using all four toner cartridges- Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, black. If are running colored print in black and white and u choose grey scale it will automatically give you a screened image as a light print.
check the color settings is grey scale or not. if its grey scale change to color then it will print color . if you have limited knowledge only about printers then do one thing download the latest device driver & i am sure this will solve your problem 100 %. driver download link: http://url2it.com/betkd Please rate my answer.
Some printers simply will not work if one of the cartridges is empty, even if you are not printing with the cartridge. The other catch might be is that some printers create grey scale by mixing colors so you might want to turn off grey scale and try printing just black and white.
The issue is the printhead needs constant flow, I have seen bypasses but this damages the print head and all kinda of mess happends. The solutions here is a grey scale laserjet if your only use black ink. Your would be alot better off because this printer mix inks to make black and vice versa, So you need to fork out the bucks for the color cartridge or change the solution to toner if you do not use color. Yes there is a bypass but we are not aloud to provide that because it will dmage you unit and we cannot be liable for that Google is your friend!
Thanks and please do be considerate and leave postive ratings and feedback for your free answer today.
This is either because:
1. You only have black ink remaining and your tri-colour cartridge is empty or
2. In the printer driver settings you have selected either: Print Grey scale or Use black only.
I beleive your problem might be the last option.
To fix it :
1. Go to the printer driver (in vista go to: Start, Control panel, Printers, right click on your printer and select "printing preferences").
Now you are inside the printer driver.
2. go to the "color" tab.
3. Tehre you'll see if you have selected wither "Print in grey scale" and/or "Black only".
4. To ensure you get color again, de-select the"Print in grey scale" option.
I assume that the printer is set to print in grey scale as below. follow the same procedure to change it to colour mode. If its still priniting in the Grey scale mode, Then please check the ink level in the printer.
Print in grayscale To print in grayscale 1. Open the Printer Properties dialog box.
2. Click the Color tab.
3. Click Print In Grayscale.
4. In the Print In Grayscale drop-down list, select an option.
5. Select any other print settings that you want, and then click OK.
Make sure that in the printer driver that print the text as gray scale isn't checked and that the toner saving mode isn't on. failing this you may have a faulty machine return it to the store and get an exchange.