Question about NetGear DG834G Router
1. When my desktop PC is connected to the Netgear DG834G V4 wireless router via a Wireless-G USB adapter it will now not load a large number of websites, but will load others. Prior to Monday evening this connection had worked fine since August last year.
2. If I connect the PC to my neighbour’s unsecured wireless network, everything works and all websites load – suggesting there are no issues with the PC itself.
3. In Safe Mode I have reset my computer to a few day’s prior configuration when everything was working (to avoid any subsequent AVG updates, etc.)
4. To be certain I have briefly disabled my firewall and virus protection but this makes no difference when trying to connect via the Netgear router.
5. To eradicate any possible wireless connection problems I have hardwired the PC to the router – still the same which therefore removes any potential problem with the Wireless-G USB adapter. Also packets of data are being both sent and received.
6. My laptop PC works fine with the Netgear router and will load, for example AOL.co.uk with no difficulties.
7. I have also powered down the Netgear router for over half an hour before reconnecting.
As you might appreciate I am now a bit lost as there fundamentally is no problem with the router (as the laptop works with it), the USB adapter (as hardwiring makes no difference) or my own PC (as it connects fine with my neighbour’s connection).
Any help appreciated.
Please try to use a difrent DNS service.
For example open DNS:
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2017 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
Jun 26, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 18, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Apr 01, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Nov 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 12, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 25, 2008 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
May 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!