We have a hdc7fm and when you press the ON/OFF button the dryer turns and heats up but stops immeadiatly when you release the ON/Off button. This does not happen all the time and it does not matter what the positon the timer is set to. I have replaced the timer as this had a seperate fault but the problem was there before I replaced the timer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What you describe is either a failed evenheat board or a failed motor relay.
Please post the complete model number from the machine and I can help you narrow it down. There should be a wiring diagram inside the console with voltage checks also.
what kind of dryer is it and send the model number,if it's a whirlpool/ kenmore and it has even heat you have a bad even heat board...copy and paste and read this,it should help you out...............http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/12/20/mailbag-dryer-stops-when-the-start-button-is-released/
Generally operation when cold that worsens with use indicates a component that is failing when hot. Start at the burner with the coils and work your way back to relays on the control. Sounds a lot like a bad coil on the burner. I have seen these do 2 complete loads then fail. Setting over night and cooling off will work again the same way. Intermittent conditions are a real challenge sometimes. Eric
Open the dryer door (right
after the breaker trips) and check for a burned smell. If it smells in
the dryer, you probably have a direct short in the dryer wiring. Check for a burn smell at the wall socket. There may be a short in the socket itself, but not likely unless a mouse is lying across the contacts in the wall. If everything checks ok replace the circuit breaker if this is an older home. Circuit breakers weaken after years of use. A 30 amp circuit breaker will trip at a much lower amperage after a period of years especially if it has tripped often.
Hi, looks like there's 1 of 2 faults. Either the stats or the heating element. They are located at the back of the TD, covered bi a screwed panel. If you have a multimeter, turn it to buzz and check the connections. If the meter buzzes it's ok, if the meter doesn't buzz it's dead and needs replacing.