An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Please help, Bush RP40TV
Canvergance board is on the first board from left of back of tv. it is on the right side of the board behind the av board. there are 2 types make sure you get the right board. will need to un-solder the earth case and pull off to change this. also if this is the first type there is a board attached to the left side of the case check that board as it can over heat and blow afew can's.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like your TV may need degausing.
Is your TV situated near to any loudspeakers or other devices with large magnets inside them? Or has anyone been near your TV screen with a magnet???
You need to try to get the screen demagnetised (degaussed). Many TV engineers have a degausing coil that could do this. It only takes around 20 seconds at most.
Some TV's like Mitsubishi have a DG button on the remote, that does this function without the need to call out an engineer! It only needs one press of the button every few years!
ok well "tube" tellys as they are called use an electro magnet to keep the picture stable and colours correct its called gaussing now if you have a speaker or something magnetic nearby it will stuff up the colors but only normally producing colors like purple,green, or white
if you have colors across the screen (that aren't caused by magnetic force) then you need to take it to a repairer or decide wether or not to buy a new one this issue can turn out to be quite hard to fix and can be expensive the different colored electron guns may be burning or burnt out causing pale color or it could be as simple as a power transistor in the H.V supply has shorted out..and causing power issues to the tube.
hope this helps,ben
If you leave your tv in standby try switching it off properly at tv switch leave a few hrs then switch on.
Have you got hifi speakers or anything that is magnetic near tv if yes move it away from set switch set off wait a few hrs then switch on.
Or if the above has not sorted problem the set has a fault with the degause circuit. Its not to bad to repair but you will need to use soldering iron.
Do you have any large stereo speakers near your tv? They have large magnet in them.
It sounds like your screen is magnetized
Your set has an automatic de-magnetizing circuit built into it. This circuit could have failed.
If you have large speakers near your tv, they need to be moved,but you did say that you're sure that no magnetic field was near your set.
A repair like this is in the vertical drive/output section of the TV set. It could be a simple capacitor causeing this problem or a combination of the capacitor and the output IC. A repair like this should not exceed 120 to 150 US. Is it worth that to you? How much can you replace it for? Good Luck
PS please dont forget to rate this thread.
Sounds like theres a leaky capacitor in the screen drive circuit. I have seen this problem also be a gassy crt but was able to clean off the grids of the CRT with a crt/rejuvinator. It happens because of low emmissions in the tube and when white is on thats a mix of all the colors, so the tube works harder. I bet when you whatch a movie and the scene changes suddenly to a white or brite scene the pic looks a little washed out. If this is not the case then I aggree with the Pravin and try it on another TV just to be sure .. This is not a repair for a consumer to do, though however it is only a three year old set you stated, so there should be life left in the tube, so im kinda thinking a capacitor is bad. Seek out a yechnician to check this out for you as a TV is not a place to see it you can fix it or to exoeeriment with. Good Luck