Question about Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
How do you change heating element
If the model number you have this listed under is correct, the heating element on this model is easy to get to. Follow these steps:
First, make sure you have the correct voltage at the wall receptacle and at the terminal block in the back of the dryer of 220-240VAC. If the voltage requirements are not correct, this can cause the heating circuits not to function, but the drum will still rotate. To access the dryer heating circuits, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer before servicing. Dangerous voltages are still present inside the dryer with the unit turned off.
2. Remove the dryer vent hose from the back of the dryer.
3. Remove the back panel by loosening all screws holding the panel in place.
4. The heater box will be located on the right-hand side (as viewed from the rear). The heating element is housed inside the heater box with the Hi-Limit Thermostat located the closest to the heatet terminal and the Therm Cut-Out (TCO) located at the top end of the heater box.
5. Measure the TCO, first. This is the first likely cause of a no heat problem. A good TCO should read a short (0 ohms). 6. A measurement across the heating element should read about 15 ohms or less if good.
NOTE: Remove the wire leads from any components under test to ensure a proper reading. If any readings are abnormal, replace the component.
Illustrations of your dryer are available at searspartsdirect.com. Just type in your model number and look for item number 6, 15 and 17 under the "Bulkhead" heading. Repairclinic.com and appliancepartspros.com are also excellent sources for finding parts.
If you have questions, or require additional assistance, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2017 | Element Water Heaters
Mar 16, 2015 | Hotpoint Dryers
Dec 07, 2014 | Hoover Dryers
Oct 02, 2012 | Frigidaire Electric Dryer
Jun 01, 2010 | Water Heaters
Nov 22, 2008 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
Oct 20, 2008 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Apr 30, 2008 | Dishwashers
Dec 29, 2007 | Viking 31 in. VGSU101 Gas Cooktop
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: