Question about Kenmore 63672 Convection/Microwave Oven
On closing door to lay-up my Panasonic NN-A554W microwave combi oven for the day, there came a flash from inside the oven cavity at the area of the light bulb. This came together with a loud bang. No cooking programmed at the time as that day's cooking had completed 20 minutes previously. The touch-key panel still functions, ie can set clock, set cooking time & power etc but oven does not function nor the turntable turn. Have established that the interior bulb is blown (removed bulb and see broken filament)but don't see any other signs of the flash/bang source. Any suggestions where I need to check; I haven't replaced the bulb yet.
I suspect that the 22uf capacitor on the front panel needs replacing. I was using mine on covection only when i heard a sizzle/arcing sound then the unit died. The bulb had never worked on my microwave but on stripping the unit down I found the bulb had gone and the track on the front panel was burnt out (as described in #2) I repaired this switched on again, another flash and another bit of circuit strip was burnt away! I then noticed that the 22uF capacitor (C25) was hot to touch, but this is as far as I've got! The CPU? also looks like it's overheated!
Posted on Sep 15, 2007
The bulb blows a small part of the track on the pcb on the front panel by a small relay --- repair this and replace the bulb.
Posted on Jun 25, 2007
Sounds like a bad door switch or door switch mount, but it also may be a problem on the control circuit board. The light bulb was probably an effect, not a cause. Sometimes the filaments of a blown bulb can short and blow a fuse, but not this time. The fuse is obviously not blown, since you have stated that you still have power to the control panel. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk Since this is a UK model, you will have to find support, service, and possibly parts links here: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/customer-Support/index.asp
Posted on Jun 15, 2007
Since you know that the bulb is blown that needs replaced. I would go ahead and replace the bulb and see if it works. I doubt that it will. If not unplug the unit and remove the exterior case. Locate the secondary fuse and replace it with the same size and rating. Plug in and try but be prepared as it may do the same thing again. I am not sure what you mean by 'lay up' your unit. If it was not running (heating) it should not be the magnatron. Sounds like the bulb blew taking out the fuse which would cause the other problems you described following the flash. Good luck.
Posted on Jun 13, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2016 | Panasonic NN-SD688 Microwave Oven...
Jan 23, 2016 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Mar 27, 2014 | Panasonic NN-T888S Convection/Microwave...
Jun 11, 2011 | Panasonic NN-S254BF Microwave Oven
Oct 11, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T994SF Microwave Oven
Mar 05, 2009 | Panasonic NN-A811A Convection/Microwave...
Jan 07, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S753 Microwave Oven
Nov 26, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: