Question about Toshiba 42HL167 42 in. LCD Television
I am only receiving closed captioning on my TV; Toshiba CT90037.
Found this on the www.Toshiba.com website. Q. My TV has a picture, but there is no audio?
Models: 20DL77, 20HLK67, 26HL47, 32HL17, 37HL17, 42HL17, 26HL37, 32HL37, 20HL67, 26HL67, 32HL67, 37HL67,
42HL167, 42HL67, 47HL167, 52HL167, 42LX177, 46LX177, 52LX177, 57LX177
1. Please check your connections and make sure if you are using COMPOSITE “yellow, white, and red cables”, SVIDEO,
with “white, and red” or Color Stream COMPONENT “green, blue, red, white and red cables,” that the white
and red cables which are used for audio are plugged in securely into the same inputs as the video.
If your connections are secure, the station may have broadcast difficulties. Try a different channel.
2. If you are using the coax cable from the wall, press the “ENTER” button on the middle of the remote. If the
information provided shows that you have SAP selected we will need to change it to STEREO or MONO. To do
this, we will need to press the “MENU” button, and use the RIGHT or LEFT arrow keys to highlight the AUDIO
menu. Next we will need to use the DOWN arrow to select AUDIO SETUP press “ENTER” and then arrow down to
MTS and use the RIGHT arrow to select stereo.
3. If you have a cable box or satellite receiver, please make sure the TV’s volume, as well as the box’s, volume is
turned up sufficiently.
4. The station may have broadcast difficulties. Try another channel.
5. The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
6. If you still have problems after following these steps please contact Customer Solutions at 1800-631-3811 Monday
through Friday 8am to 7pm CST. The Toshiba customer service number is 1-800-631-3811.I hope this helps you with your problem.
Posted on May 17, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2015 | DISH Network ViP722 DTV Receiver /...
Mar 29, 2011 | Toshiba 32AV502R LCD TV
Feb 21, 2011 | Televison & Video
Dec 30, 2010 | Toshiba 40G300U TV
Nov 15, 2010 | Toshiba 27A44 27" TV
Mar 07, 2010 | Toshiba MD20F51 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Feb 10, 2010 | Pioneer VSX-1019AHK A/V receiver
798 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: