An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Printer says it's jammed with each and every copy.
Please follow the follwoing steps,
1) unplug the power cord at the both ends from the printer and wall outlet. connect to wall out let directly dont connect to
2)Press and hold # and 6 while reconnecting the power cord to the product hold for 1 min after plugging the power cord, and
then release both buttons, this should resolve the issue.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have the machine perform a paper path test with just 1 copy to see if this jams then have it path test 5 prints to see when it jams- if its only jamming when more than one sheet is being printed then the fault lies with the paper pick up ( you may notice a longer delay for first print)
the machine will attemp to feed three times before failing as a jam
if the machine is printing more than one sheet then the jam appears just before the tail end of the first print exits the fuser (fixing Unit).
clean or replace the feed rollers.
if the jam happens on every print and the code is 13:02/3
then paper pass sensor arm 2 has stuck (look on you tube to resolve this search for lj4200 13:02 jam)
hope this helps- if you are still unable to get the machine working and your willing to pay then I would suggest Belmonte Buisiness machines
are a good company to deal with they are on 0161 480 5556 and can call out anywhere in the UK
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
There is a sensor flag (little black peice) that hangs down in the paper path as the paper exits. The flag tells the printer if the paper has made it out or not. That sounds like your problem. Just in case it is something else, her's a copy of the complete service manual for your printer. Start on page 90 (pdf page 113) and it goes thru the jam areas.
There should be a way to unlock one of the sides. Try taking out the toner cartridge and going in that way. If you can see the paper, get a pair of needle nose pliers and SLOWLY see if you can pull the paper out.
This sounds like you may have a bad jam detect sensor, there is a sensor on the exit end of the fuser on the right and the flag for this is located in the middle of the exit guide on the fuser this gives us most of those types of jams.