Get a 4-pin Firewire cable. Plugs in just below power plug slot. What plug you need on the other end depends on your computer. You can get Firewires in 4 to 4 pin; 4 to 6 pin, and 4 pin to USB. My laptop is configured to take a 4 or 6 pin Firewire but my desktop only has USB. I transfered using 4 to 4 pin and it worked great. No drivers, no discs needed...at least with Vista. As soon as I plugged in the camera, I was asked to whether I wanted to transfer from biginning of tape or at currenty location. I chose from the beginning and the camera automatically rewound and strated to transfer to the PC. I don't know if it would work same way with 4-wire Firewire to USB but assume it would. Cables around $35 but I purchased at Circuit City for the going out of business discount. I also bought some SD cards so I can take snapshots and transfer them too for print.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have data cable given to the camcorder connect it with the camcorder and the other end to the usb of pc.Then computer can detect the device ,import files to the computer.Install your camcorder driver before plugging data cable
The only Analog camcorder that has a USB Connection for transferring pictures or video is the SC-L770. The SC-L770 can transfer video (live or recorded) and still photos through the USB connection. You can also transfer audio using the audio cable provided.
After installing the driver and software, you can begin transferring data using the software provided.
Connecting to a PC
1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the PC.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable into the proper terminal on the camcorder. (USB jack)
3. Connect the audio cable to the Line input jack of the PC. If the PC has no Line input jack, connect the audio cable to the MIC input jack. In this case, however, a noise may be produced depending on the PC.
* If you disconnect the USB cable from the PC or the camcorder while transferring, the data transmission will stop and the data may be damaged.
* If you connect the USB cable to a PC via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with other USB devices, the camcorder may not work properly.
* In this case, remove the other USB devices from the PC and reconnect the camcorder.
Some other Analog Camcorders have a snapshot mode which allows you to take a still photo with your camcorder. However, you cannot transfer these to a computer unless you purchase additional hardware such as a capture card. Some capture cards have analog a/v inputs which will allow you to use the a/v outputs on the camcorder to connect to your pc and transfer images and video. You can purchase a capture card at most computer and electronics stores. Samsung does not support capture cards.