Question about Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven

1 Answer

How to find rectangular to round transition adaptor

Installing an over-the-range microwave oven, I need a rectangular-to-round adaptor to connect the existing 7" diameter round exhaust duct to a 3" x 10" rectangular opening in the oven. Where can I find such an adaptor?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 25 Answers

They used to sell them at sears. Its a common duct item for vents. Try home Depot.

Posted on Jan 14, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-SD277WR not working at all. Clock and timer function, but no lights, no turn turntable etc. When it died, there was a distinct "pop" sound. Replaced magnetron 2 yrs ago.

When it 'popped and died' that sounds like the high voltage capacitor shorted and blew the line fuse. If the diode shorted, it would just make a LOUD growling noise in cook mode. You need an ohm meter and you need to know how to use it. Be sure to use an insulated screwdriver to short across the two terminals on the high voltage capacitor, first, always before proceeding with any troubleshooting procedure. This sounds redundant but it is a MAJOR safety issue when working on microwave ovens. Developing this habit could save your life. If you can't reach across both of the terminals, touch the tip of the screwdriver to the metal frame or body of the microwave first and then to the terminal of the capacitor that has the diode connected to it. The diode is usually black and is either rectangular or round and one end is attached to ground on the frame or the body (chassis). Of course, the other end is connected to the high voltage capacitor. The problem could be something else but this is most likely the problem. Be sure to replace the HV cap with the same value ie; .94uF 2100 VAC.

Sep 19, 2013 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave wont run

Yes, if the unit is dead, unplug microwave oven, remove top, follow wires from keypad control board to the circuit board, look for a silver rectangular high voltage capacitor, "sometimes under a plastic flap" dis-charge capacitor across the two points with a screwdriver, there should be a fuse near by that is clipped in, pop it out and replace with the same current rating and assemble before test, "lethal voltages present"

Mar 27, 2012 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...

1 Answer

Fuse location for mmv4203dw00

The over-the-range will need to be taken down, unplug and remove the top, look to the right keypad facing you, follow wire from the control board mounted on back of the keypad to a circuit board, look for a silver rectangular high voltage capacitor and short out the two points, near by you should see a small fuse clipped in. Pop it out and replace with the same current rating, if fuse blows again check the door switches, usually one or two are faulty.

Mar 18, 2012 | Maytag Appliances Over-the-Range Microwave...

1 Answer

Locate the fuses in jvm2070

Fuse is located on the right side under the keypad, follow wiring to main board, should see a small fuse clipped in, pop it out and replace with same current rating. Before you do this unplug microwave, and discharge high voltage capacitor "silver and rectangular in shape" under plastic flap near fuse. One thought the voltages are lethal when running.

Mar 14, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Have g e over range microwave jvm231bv001 1995 year made. worked fine but in middle of cooking it just made a odd sound and completely fan, light or any power...please advise possible...

Yes! there is a main fuse, it is located under the keypad and in towards where the high voltage capacitor is "silver and rectangular in shape" but make sure oven is unplugged and high voltage capacitor is dis-charged because there are dangerous high voltages in that area. But I think you have a secondary problem in the oven, there might be a defective door switch or possibly the high voltage capacitor has shorted.

Feb 07, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Need to replace the handle of a ge jvm1340, the top screw is easy, but the bottom screw seems unaccessible, can you help thanks, JG

There is a piece of trim on the inside of the door.
This trim is rectangular, about 1/2" wide, and goes around the outside of the glass. the trim has rounded corners. Take a knife and gently insert at a rounded corner, prying the trim out. Once you can put a finger behind the trim, you'll find it comes off easily, revealing the lower handle screw.

Jul 26, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need assistance installing a JVM1660BB range microwave oven. How do I attach the sleave to the duct to the microwave, while mounting the Microwave on the wall. Thanks for the specs on the microwave oven....

From page 14 of the installation instructions online here:

"Extend the house duct down to connect to
the exhaust adaptor.

"Seal exhaust duct joints using duct tape."

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 06, 2009 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Installing over the range mircowae oven

I need installation booklet on kenmore microwave #80419 can u help?

Jul 02, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Gap between cabinet and top of microwave oven

eastlake...only if you think so. Most of these units use a submounting bracket set and then you hook your oven to it. This is a rather nasty installation...I've done several. If it's sturdy, you may just want to put in a filler piece.

Dec 10, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

1,847 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Oscar Netto
Oscar Netto

Level 2 Expert

110 Answers

Are you a Samsung Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides