Question about Sharp R-9H66 Microwave Oven
When starting oven sparking and smoke occurs on right side of microwave. Dimming looks like it occurs also.
Unplug the unit and do not plug it back, I can almost picture someone doing this, watching the sparks and smoke and oh the lights dim--Be smart here===either replace it out of hand or take to a repair shop to see if worth fixing or not and do not attempt to turn it on again.
Posted on Dec 13, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: microwave ovens
The cover is probably the magenetron. That is where the microwaves come from. If the bread was moist, it might have left condensate in the unit which is causing the sparking. Unplug the unit, leave the door open over night. If you can remove that cover, do so. Be sure to carefully replace it before using the unit. Never turn on a microwave with nothing in it.
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
A microwave can be dead for many reasons.
The fuse is normally located on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel or between the door switches.
If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.
If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.
Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.
When checking thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should read open, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
If it goes dead or blows the breaker when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.
If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.
You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.
If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jun 23, 2008
1) How is the cavity damaged? Is it just peeling paint, or is it rust? If it's rust then the microwave could be dangerous.
2) The antenna cap usually has a small hole in the centre, but if there are any other holes in it the magnetron itself could be damaged, and holes caused by the magnetrin arcing.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
This is a simple problem & solution.
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck somewhere in the cavity of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover (also called a spatter shield) is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
Since your waveguide cover is damaged, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.
You can order parts from Encompass here or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
i just checked my R-3A36 manual to find out the wattage. it's 800 watts. i make pralines in my microwave. i am always asked for the recipe. so i needed to be able to tell people the wattage of my oven so they can adjust the recipe to their oven.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Sharp Carousel R530EST Microwave Oven
Dec 28, 2012 | Sharp Stainless Steel Insight Pro 24"...
Mar 05, 2012 | Sharp Carousel R530EST Microwave Oven
Mar 08, 2011 | Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
Jul 09, 2010 | Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | Sharp R-230 Microwave Oven
Mar 28, 2010 | Sharp R-1405 / R-140 Microwave Oven
Dec 16, 2007 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven
Oct 04, 2007 | Sharp R-220BW Microwave Oven
Oct 05, 2017 | Sharp R-9H66 Microwave Oven
Dec 26, 2013 | Sharp R-9H66 Microwave Oven
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: