Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LG washer tE error code
A "tE" error code is more than likely the "thermistor". Supposedly can't be serviced by untrained individuals (thus the directions to call for service) but the thermistor can be found easily by tilting the machine on its back. It is mounted to the back of the drum housing. I removed mine after getting a "tE" error...cleaned and replaced...no problems since! No screws needed to be removed. My thermistor is a small, round, black rubber grommet with the metal sensor pushed through the center. I removed the entire grommet. It easily pops back into place.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
LG Tromm Washing machine te error. The manual says to call for service. Not much help there. The reason for the error is the thermistor circuit (resistive element that becomes less resistive as it increases in temperature). The thermistor acts as a heat sensor. In many cases, the error occurs because the wireing harness is too tight at the bottom of the drum and one of the wires in this circuit becomes disconnected with all of the movement of the drum (unbalanced load, normal cylcing etc).
1. Unplug the washing machine from the wall. The thermistor circuit is at line voltage (110 in the U.S.) and it will bite! So do this first before proceeding.
2. Move the washer out so you can get access to the back of it.
3. Remove the stainless panel (the one that is not painted, it is large (aprox. 16x18 inches). It is held in place by 4 phillips screws.
4. Locate the thermistor connection block near the bottom of the machine, at the center of the wash drum. It is the small white connector that has two wires running to it. One wire is dark blue, the other is light blue. Insure that neither wire has pulled out of the connector. If either of them have, repair the connector and provide enough extra wire ( aprox. 2") to provide cable relief.
5. If the cable connector and wires are ok, there are other solutions here that recommend either cleaning or replacing the thermistor.
Good luck to you.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
The TE error code indicates a heating error, usually caused by a faulty thermistor. First, attempt to clear the error by unplugging the power cord, waiting for 10 seconds, restore the power, and restart the wash cycle. If the same problem happens again, close water tap, unplug the washer because the unit may require service.
Posted on May 18, 2010
SOURCE: error code on kenmore washer
LG washing machines indicating error code CL may have the child lock activated.
Try holding down the temperature and eco/rapid options together to turn off child lock.
Some LG series use "TEMP and OPTION" at the same time.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
LF means Long Fill, this error flashes when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on OR water has disengaged the basket but control does not detect a water level change. Check whether water supply is connected and turned on. Make sure the hose is not blocked and hose screen is clear. If so make sure pressure hose connection to machine/motor control is fine. Also check the continuity of water inlet valve, use a multimeter to check the continuity. Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Posted on Feb 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2016 | Samsung Washing Machines
Oct 22, 2015 | Dishwashers
Apr 06, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Feb 25, 2015 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Sep 11, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 24, 2017 | LG WT4870CW 4.5 Cu. Ft. Top Load White...
Feb 29, 2012 | LG WM-2032H Front Load Washer
Sep 27, 2011 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Mar 06, 2011 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
May 17, 2010 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
316 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: