Do not know my password for wrt54g want to use Ibook
I just purchased a used power book and it will not connedt to my wireless wrt54g with out the password I do not know what I used some time back my desk top and old lap work fine can you help me ? I tried admin it was listed as a default and it still will not access the internet
Re: do not know my password for wrt54g want to use Ibook
The default login for linksys is user name: (leave blank) ,password: admin; if that doesn't solve your problem unplug all the cords and hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 30 seconds then gradually reintroduce it to your network.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you can't remember your password, you can reset the router using a paperclip in the small reset hole on the back of the router, then use the default password, linksys to access it and you will then have to update your settings and password.
You are looking for a Wireless Security key, this is not the Linksys password for the admin portion, look on the bottom it maybe there if not changed. Else goto the router home page and check it there something like 192.168.0.1. or 192.168.1.1 etc etc
you can reset your linksys router on factory mode and after that you can try to connect your iBook. if the connection happen then you can again re configure your router as per your require security policy.
ok this is simple but at the same time kinda confusing open an internet window and type in 192.168.1.1 the password on defalt is going to be eather password or admin and the username is admin after you get past the login it should take you to a setup page click on wireless at the top after you click on wireless just under that click wireless security thats the settings to change the wireless security in there you can chose what type of secutiry you want i normaly use wap2 on TKIP after setting those type the password you want after that save it and close the window on all the computers that use wireless your going to have to disconnect them and reconnect them from the network it will ask for the password enter it and make sure it saves the password and your set
if you have any problems in the process let me know if be glad to help
Please rate this
If you have forgotten your username and password, the best way to correct your issue is to reset the router and setup a new username and password. Linksys reset
The easiest method of resetting your Linksys router’s password is to reset your router back to the default factory settings. This is done by simply holding down the reset button located on the back of the unit for at least 30 seconds. Once the router has been reset, it must be reconfigured. Using your web browser go to URL address http://192.168.1.1. You will then be prompted to login to your router. A log-in screen asking for the password will automatically appear. At this time enter the default password “admin”, in lower case letters into the password field. The username field may be left blank at this time. (Note: both the default username and default password are set to “admin” on some of the newer Linksys router models). If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
In order for you to setup the WRt54G to work with your Ibook you nee d to manually configure it since the setup CD for the WRt54G wont run on your MAC computer, In manually configuring the router you need to access the setup page of it and there you can set it up, I will advice you to contact Linksys tech support so one of their tech can walk you through with the process the number 800-3267114 they are open 24/7...
Connect modem to the internet port of the wrt54g Connect pc to port 2 of the wrt54g Reset the wrt54g, push reset button for 30seconds with the power on, uplug the power for 10 seconds Open internet explorer, type 192.168.1.1, you will be asked to login, no username, password is admin. This will take you to the router page. On the page you will se AUTOMATIC CONFIGURATION DHCP, change that to PPPOe, enter your broadband username and password. Click save settings at the buttom of the page. YOU WILL ONLY GET CONNECTION IF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS CORRECT.
Requirements for WAP54G & WRT54G Repeater Mode function:
* WRT54G: Firmware 2.02.2 or higher
* WAP54G: Firmware 2.06 or higher
Go to http://www.linksys.com/download to download the latest firmware upgrades for both devices.
Accessing the Router?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the Router into the Address Bar (192.168.1.1 is the default IP Address).
2. Click GO or press the [Enter] key.
The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
1. Leave the User Name field blank.
2. Type admin in for the Password (the default Password).
3. Click OK or press the Enter key.
The Router?s Setup page will open:
* Click on the Status Tab.
* Click on the Wireless sub tab.
Write down the Wireless MAC Address and the Channel number values located on this page. If the Encryption Function is Disabled, go to the WAP54G Repeater Setup section below.
If Encryption Function is Enabled:
Note: WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) is not yet compatible with wireless repeater mode. You must use WEP Encryption if you wish to use security options with this configuration.
To gather WEP encryption information, click on the upper Wireless tab, then the Wireless Security sub tab. Write down the Passphrase.
WAP54G Repeater Setup
Be sure that you have the WAP54G plugged directly into one of the WRT54G?s numbered ports for the duration of the setup.
Accessing the WAP54G?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the WAP54G into the Address Bar (192.168.1.245 is the default IP address).
2. Click GO or press the Enter key.
3. The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
4. Leave the User Name blank.
5. Type in admin for the Password (the default password).
6. Click OK or press the [Enter] key.
The WAP54G?s Setup page will open.
1. Set the Channel value to the same channel as the WRT54G router that was obtained from earlier steps.
2. If WEP encryption was enabled on the WRT54G:
* Select Enable for the Wireless Security option.
* Click on the Edit Security Settings button and enter the same Passphrase as the one of the WRT54G router that you recorded. Click Generate to populate the WEP key fields.
* Click Save Settings to save your changes and close the encryption window.
Click Save Settings to save your changes on the Setup page.
3. Next, click on the AP Mode tab.
* Select the Wireless Repeater option.
* Enter the WIRELESS Mac Address from the WRT54G that you recorded. (Disregard the fact that the page asks to ?Enter the LAN MAC ADDRESS?).
Click Save Settings to save your changes. Close your web browser.
You can now place the WAP54G Access Point in another nearby location (with its power adapter plugged in) so that it can repeat the wireless signal that it receives from the WRT54G.
* The ?SSID? of the WAP54G does not have to be the same as the WRT54G. This can be used for initial configuration; using a different SSID will enable testing of network connectivity, and will show that the WRT54G is associated with the WAP54G.
* If MAC Filtering is configured on the WRT54G, no extra configuration is needed. Wireless clients will still need to be added the MAC Filter list of the WRT54G, but the WAP54G does not have to on the list.